Each race category needs to start seperately or colored jerseys

I think races should be identified based on category and each category be “its own event.” For example on the events page there would be 4 races for each race. The Innsbruck race would have an event for Innsbruck A, Innsbruck B, Innsbruck C. and Innsbruck D. That way on the start line I am only racing against my own level. I know it is encouraged to have your category as part of your name but that still doesn’t really work b/c you don’t see all the names. So if riders that are C riders made the selection for B then you have no idea that you need to go after that guy. I know this would clutter up the events page with more races but I think most racers would appreciate it. Also, perhaps your worried that with fewer racers in the race, it will discourage people from joining the event. Maybe that is true, but I think the other side (knowing your only racing against people of your same ability" is more important.

@Keith_Stew: That option is available to race organizers when they setup races, if they choose to only see event category riders then when you select your race and you select the C group you will race against other C riders and will only see them.

If you use the Zwifthacks page and filter for “see only event category riders” you can find races that still work that way.
https://zwifthacks.com/app/events/#

Some race organizers have moved away front that system because people enter the wrong group and then spoil the race for everyone. Now they filter afterwards. I disagree with this way of doing I think it will be more fun if they could filete before the race and auto select your race category.