Drops counter stalling and frozen pedestrians [Jan 2023] [1.33]

Not a straw man at all, I am clarifying my own position. I posted saying that drops were not as fundamental to Zwift as working out, Yousuf replied, and I continued on with the conversation clarifying my position, as I was unsure given his response whether my own point had been clear (I had not said that drops were of equal importance to everyone, I had only said that they are not fundamental to Zwift). I did not say that Yousuf was incorrect about anything he said, I just clarified.

Drops counter issue seems to be getting worse? Almost totally stalled this morning. Not that I need more but it’s going to annoy my kid when he rides later today…

I would think they do test, they knew there were problems with the update, but they had to get Scotland map issued so they went ahead figuring they could fix the problems after the release.

I’m not sure it’s gradient related. I just rode the Alpe & only got 12 drops for the whole ride…

everyone i know is been affected

Hey everyone,
This Drops bug has been fixed in Zwift game v1.33.2.

• It is available for Windows / macOS / Android right now.
  • iOS / Apple TV versions will go live once they pass Apple App store review.

If you were affected by this bug - we will automatically credit Drops you may have missed. No need for you to lift a finger - we’ll do that automatically in the near future.

7 Likes

1 in 12 I know personally has been affected. :person_shrugging: Neither of us can make claims about the statistics, all we have is anecdote.

Drops are moving again for me - seemed to be going slower than usual? I may have been imagining it though as I was watching it and never really pay much attention to it normally.

Do you think this might be because, while the bug was in effect, the only drops you were getting were during the “accelerated” drop period (e.g., after getting a Ride On)? So, you were only seeing the counter go up when it was doing so quickly, while during its regular state it was sitting still due to the bug.

Hope this makes sense.

I didn’t get any at all when it was broken - not during high efforts or ride ons or anything.

i do have a silly amount of drops though (over 58,000,000) so maybe i am an odd case.

But it is likely working as expected, i didn’t really pay much attention to how quickly it increased before

1 Like

Maybe it’s just inflation.

wouldn’t that make them go quicker?

If the value of Drops is decreasing, yes. But if the value of Drops is increasing on a per Drop basis, but Zwift wants us to still only earn the same value, then we’d earn Drops more slowly.

I didn’t pass my Droproeconomics course though.

Any guess when it will be approved for apple tv

I did Country to Coastal in Makuri Islands with Maria pace partner. Drops working good. At 2x multiplier and then at a sprint section, after reaching the sprint finish, the multiplier is reset to 1x and i had to start over again.

Only me?

Apple TV and iPad / iPhone users - v1.33.2 has released in the Apple App Store. It may take a few hours to propagate to Apple servers worldwide.

We will provide another update when Drops have been retroactively credited to impacted Zwifters.

3 Likes

Thank you for update. All of us take technology for granted these days. We forget it is complicated

1 Like

UPDATE February 9

Drops have been retroactively credited to impacted Zwifters. See this related thread.

2 Likes

Thank you for keeping us informed. I appreciated it. All’s well that ends well.

Cheers

Hi. I just recently udpated my firmware a couple of days ago and my drops are not updating. Reading the tread I just unloaded and downloaded the app to no avail.

Thanks