Dropped from group ride?

Stop pedalling? Soft pedal?

I’m not sure which Herd Ride you were on. If you let us know we can possibly look to see how the ride pace was organised.

What was the surface you were riding on? If you are on a Mountain Bike ( I think you might be) and others are on road bikes on a road surface which suites Mountain Bikes you might well ride off the front at the advertised pace - I don’t know.

How soon in the ride were you dropped ( I think they call it kicked if you remain n front of the red fence) and any chance they were starting the ride at a lower than advertised pace?

If your weight is significantly different from that of the leader, you will be doing quite a different w/kg from then while putting out the same watts. That may be restored you what happened.

This could happen on hills. You should look out for the fence and there is a countdown once you pass the fence. Sometimes the leaders have to slow down for the sweeps. The combination can be a bit tricky to time to perfection. I have come down to 12 seconds in spite of paying attention. Great leaders stretch the fence during climbs and give loads of warning before pulling it closer.

1 Like