Devices don’t load since iOS update

I updated my iPad to 13.3.1 and now the devices are detected in the Zwift app but not when I start a ride or run. It’s behaving as if I selected “Just Watch” instead of “Let’s Go”.
Is anyone else having this issue?

Hi @Kimberly_Henry welcome to Zwift forums!
Shuji at ZwiftHQ here. Starting with v13.x, iOS changed the way it handles security for apps to access the hardware on your phone / iPad. You have to give each app permission to access the Bluetooth radio, and it’s possible that the OS update kicked Zwift app’s Bluetooth permissions back to “no”.

Please see this to allow Bluetooth permissions If an app would like to use Bluetooth on your device - Apple Support

Also FWIW, I’m looking at the server logs from your session today. It’s showing that the version of the game app you have is v.1.0.44575 and a newer version v. 1.0.45410 released this Monday. You may want to update the game app first, and give it permissions when you first run it.

Would you loop back to let us know this worked?

1 Like

Shuji,

Thank you so much for your response!
I will try this today and let you know how if it corrects the issue.

Kim

Shuji,

I wanted to let you know that the last couple of times that I rode, it worked. I didn’t need to change anything.

I will update my Zwift app so that everything is up to date.

Thank you again for your quick response and detailed information. I really appreciate it!

Kim

1 Like