Delay sensors

Hello, I’m new to the FORUM. The first time I used the system … I notice a great delay between what I pedal and what I see on the screen. I use wahoo sensors and protocol ant …
It takes a long time and even the speed is different from the one read on my garmin 1030
Does anyone know why?
thanks
xavier

First the speed in which the Garmin is displaying and what Zwift is displaying will hardly ever match. The Garmin doesn’t know about Zwift’s in-game variables.

How long is the delay? You can see delay within Zwift due to high ping times.

1 Like

That is all handled locally.

Disconnect network and sensor lag goes away.

Ping times shouldn’t make a difference, but they do.

I am noticing something similar - shouldn’t the speed that my drum is spinning somewhat at least make sense with what the in-game speed is telling me? For instance, I rode the British Triathlon ride this morning and found myself in almost the highest gear possible on my bike with a super-high cadence GOING UPHILL! Sometime afterwards, I found myself on a flat and suddenly I’m feeling a lot of tension in the pedals and I’m in the next to lowest gear on that chainring and going 20 mph. I’m using a Kinetic T-6300 (new) and have recalibrated it numerous times.

Would love some help with this or suggestions to fix! It would make the experience much better.

Thanks!

OK, let’s post how speed more or less works within Zwift:

Zwift takes the watts being broadcast, the weight entered, height entered, in-game bike used, in-game drafting (Tri and TT bikes get no drafting boost), in-game wheel set, in-game road surface, and in-game virtual elevation changes your in-game speed is determined.

Ignore the speed that is being displayed on any bike computer or other app, it will hardly ever match what Zwift is displaying.

For the Kinetic, have you tried calibrating it with the Kinetic App?

Good info and I appreciate it.

I have actually calibrated both the Kinetic and Zwift app’s several times, as well as make sure I have the latest firmware for the Kinetic. I also double-checked and I’m riding a 700x23 wheel, so that should match up with Zwift’s default.

Any other thoughts on trying to fix? I appreciate it!

I assume you are looking at the speed on the Garmin and expect the same speed and reaction time on Zwift. That will not happen. As you wheel speed up Zwift calculate your power and from that your in game speed, you game avatar has to accelerate so it take time for you to get to speed, just like in real life riding.

As Paul said your garmin and Zwift will not show the same speed.

1 Like

I’m also running the app on Windows 10 on a new laptop and connecting the laptop and Zwift through Bluetooth.