Coolest bug ever

I completed the Repack Ridge last night and suddenly I could go anywhere. I rode through tall grass and soared hundreds of feet above the trails and roads. One of my favorite rides ever!
FYI. I use steerzo and run zwift on PC.

It’s a known bug.

1 Like

Awesome, could this work without steering? :grinning:

It’s a long time since I requested a “developer mode” where we could freely “fly” around the worlds ( you can see the developers do that in some of the videos from Zwift )…
This seems to be a step towards that :grin:
Thank for posting, we can always use some fun and good times :+1:

BooX

What’s the rolling resistance like in mid-air?

How do I enable that bug? I have a sterzo and am on a PC too.

Keith Wakeham published a video of this just two days ago, also taking off from Repack Ridge: Learning to Fly in Zwift - YouTube
Haven’t tried it myself, yet, but plan to do so the next time I drag my carcass up that way.
I’m curious if it’s possible to rejoin the road, or whether this leaves the rider permanently “off piste”.

I do not know what causes it. I have ridden the Ridge a few times in the past month using the same setup and this is the first time it has happened to me.
I think I did what I typically do; complete the ridge, stop, change bikes, go. Bike turns left out of the ridge finish. I took my eye off the screen and when I looked back I was in the grass. I turned to get back to the road and the realized I was free riding. It seemed I could control direction but elevation was random? There were times I was back on the road and times I was back on the trail then I would take flight again. It was a great ride and I had to quit too soon (meal time and I was hungry).
I am going to hit the ridge weekly now to see if I can repeat or if there is a sequence that causes the bug. I’ll post results here.
Ride on.

It seemed I could control direction but elevation was random? There were times I was back on the road and times I was back on the trail then I would take flight again.

I don’t know what causes it so I don’t know.
Sorry. I wish everyone could do it once at least.

I was having too much fun sightseeing and taking pictures. I know there was some but couldn’t say more than that.

Yes. You are correct.