Connecting Heart rate from Garmin forerunner 35 to Zwift

Hi
When I search on Zwift for heart rate monitor , nothing appears. I have switched watch to broadcast HR and also tried disconnecting the Bluetooth from garmin watch but still does not come up

Just an FYI, it broadcast HR in ANT+. What device are you running Zwift on?

1 Like

It’s a tracx trainer

I mean is it a PC, Mac, iOS, Android or AppleTV?

I was just using my iOS phone.

OK, since the Garmin 35 broadcast HR in ANT+ and Zwift on iOS is Bluetooth only it’s not going to work.

I would suggest getting a dual band chest strap like the Wahoo Tickr. It will be far more versatile and much more actuate than a wrist based HRM.

Hi Paul!
Is it possible to broadcast HR from a Forerunner 35 using Zwift on a Macbook with Ant + adapter?
Thanks!

Yes it is.

1 Like

I bought the ANT adapter for my mac but it doesn’t work. I think that the sensor function of the Forerunner 35 is for devices that transmit to the watch but that it does not transmit to the macbook. Could anyone check this out?

To make it broadcast out to zwift etc you need to put the watch in “broadcast” mode. You may also need to start an “activity” on the watch to get that to work - I’m not sure.

Instructions are apparently this

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/forerunner35/EN-US/GUID-B0AEBA8D-7240-40A3-998C-1222C0B4ACF6.html

2 Likes