Connect Zwift Mobile Link on one iPhone to Zwift App running on another iPhone

As the title states, I have two iPhones.  My “good” one runs the app which works great and then I have another, older model that I use as a wifi device with ZML installed on it.  

When I tried it last night, ZML just said I was Zwifting but I couldn’t see the map or any nearby zwifters.

I had ZML installed on the good iPhone and I think it worked the way I wanted but I think it also was causing a conflict with the heart rate monitor on the Apple Watch so I removed it and now the HRM works.

Any thoughts?

Need more info.

What are the “good” and the “older model” phones? Are they on the latest OS release? Are the Zwift app and the Zwift Mobile Link up to date?

And any other addition info would be helpful in assisting you in resolving your issue(s).

You cannot run the Zwift app and the Zwift Mobile Link on the same device, it won’t work. 

The “good” device is a 6S and it’s the current ios.  The other one is a 5 and it’s up to date, too.

I will have to check on the Apps to make sure they’re up to date.

I know about running the two on the same device won’t work. 

But I think it worked once before but I don’t recall exactly.

I will see if I can get the two link via Bluetooth.

Thanks

The Zwift app and the Zwift Mobile Link can only connect via Wifi, Bluetooth is not an option. Make sure they are on the same Wifi network.

I tried it last night.  Didn’t work. They are on the same wifi network.  I know this sounds crazy but the only time I think it worked is when I had the Mobile Link also installed on the 6s.

I am going to have to try that tonight and see if that works.

You could try turning off cell data and just running Wifi on the phone that is running the Zwift app.