Connect to ant+ through phone on Zwift companion and upcoming Zwift Android app

(Ivan Jankovic) #1

Hi,

I have a phone that can connect to ant+ and bluetooth. If that is the case, why do I need a separate ant+ dongle to connect to my computer, thus bypassing my phone, and requiring more of a setup.

I have read that the new Android app will not have ant+ either. It would be helpful so that I do not have to purchase everything new (cadence, HRM) that I got from my garmin edge 820 kit.

Thanks,

Ivan

(Nigel Doyle) #2

Because an ANT+ stick plugged into your computer (via an extension lead) with the stick right next to your power meter or smart trainer is more reliable. Plus at this point in time the companion app only lets you connect via Bluetooth. From my experience an ANT+ stick into your computer is more reliable than Bluetooth through your phone with the companion app.

All you will need to buy is a ANT+ stick plus an extension lead. Zwift sell them in their store.

(Ivan Jankovic) #3

Thanks for the input Nigel. I’ll do that for the dongle.

I just don’t want to have to buy a new BLE HRM or cadence sensor (both of mine are garmin on ant+) when the full android app comes out to get it all working with the new app.

Ivan