Compatability with Garmin 920XT

Hello. I use a Garmin 920XT which connects to my computer via my internet connection. Can I connect to Zwift this way or do I still need the ant+ dongle?

1 Like

Hi Keith,

You will still need an ANT+ dongle - Zwift acts as your cycling computer and, therefore, needs that direct information from your various equipment.

OK. So, it is compatible with the 920XT?

What would you be using the 920XT for? Zwift only needs your speed/cadence sensors, power meter, or smart trainer.

Oh, ok I get it. I will be able to use Zwift but will not be able to log the ride (miles, etc) in my Garmin account, right?

Zwift generates a .FIT file for each and every ride, so you can upload that to whichever tracking suite you use (if they accept it).

I believe Garmin can accept those files as well so you should be in good shape that way.

Those files are located in your Documents > Zwift > Activities folder.

One last thing . . . so, once I install the ant+ and log into Zwift, it will automatically pick up my signal (I’m also using the Garmin Cadence sensor)?

You might have to spin the cadence sensor a bit so that it starts to generate a signal (they oftentimes go to sleep to conserve battery power). The same thing goes for your speed sensor.

Otherwise, yup, it should (hopefully) work just like that :slight_smile:

Thanks Eric. Looking forward to giving it a go.

Any time!

For future reference, you can also download your .FIT files directly from your Dashboard rather than having to navigate to a specific folder on your hard drive.