Compatability with Garmin 920XT

(Keith Hodges) #1

Hello. I use a Garmin 920XT which connects to my computer via my internet connection. Can I connect to Zwift this way or do I still need the ant+ dongle?

(Eric C. (Zwift HQ)) #2

Hi Keith,

You will still need an ANT+ dongle - Zwift acts as your cycling computer and, therefore, needs that direct information from your various equipment.

(Keith Hodges) #3

OK. So, it is compatible with the 920XT?

(Eric C. (Zwift HQ)) #4

What would you be using the 920XT for? Zwift only needs your speed/cadence sensors, power meter, or smart trainer.

(Keith Hodges) #5

Oh, ok I get it. I will be able to use Zwift but will not be able to log the ride (miles, etc) in my Garmin account, right?

(Eric C. (Zwift HQ)) #6

Zwift generates a .FIT file for each and every ride, so you can upload that to whichever tracking suite you use (if they accept it).

I believe Garmin can accept those files as well so you should be in good shape that way.

Those files are located in your Documents > Zwift > Activities folder.

(Keith Hodges) #7

One last thing . . . so, once I install the ant+ and log into Zwift, it will automatically pick up my signal (I’m also using the Garmin Cadence sensor)?

(Eric C. (Zwift HQ)) #8

You might have to spin the cadence sensor a bit so that it starts to generate a signal (they oftentimes go to sleep to conserve battery power). The same thing goes for your speed sensor.

Otherwise, yup, it should (hopefully) work just like that :slight_smile:

(Keith Hodges) #9

Thanks Eric. Looking forward to giving it a go.

(Eric C. (Zwift HQ)) #10

Any time!

(Eric C. (Zwift HQ)) #11

For future reference, you can also download your .FIT files directly from your Dashboard rather than having to navigate to a specific folder on your hard drive.