Companion App Problems - Jan 2022

A couple of problems have come up with the companion app for me:

• Cannot look at events beyond Monday, 3 Jan (UK). When trying to move beyond that day, the loading ring shows and then “network error” shows at the bottom of the screen

• Events not adding to calendar. All permissions are there

Anybody else having issues?

Using Android phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 20)

I’ve been getting the network error message for the last day or two when trying to go more than a couple of days in the future. Also on Android

2 Likes

The last available event available is 10:45 GMT on Monday, 3 January

2 Likes

Same issue seeing events here on Android.

2 Likes

I’m seeing the same, android version 3.31.0 (1306)

2 Likes

Same. Cleared cache, reinstalled etc, no change.

I tried the web based events page but I can only go 24hrs on that. CA I can go about 36hrs.

2 Likes

As others, I am having the same problem. I have also had Companion not connect on a ride using my iPad 8. I have had to switch to an Android phone and tablet, turn off my network then turn on again multiple times to have Zwift and Companion work. Very annoying and has made my iPad useless for Zwift. This started with the recent Android update. I have Fios 1gb, so not a speed or connection problem, especially as everything else connects without issue. This is on the heels of the 6 week iPad saga. I love Zwift but really growing tired of the constant connection issues. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Same problem here.

On a Google pixel 3.

1 Like

Same, same. Can’t see events past Monday. Tried: restarting, clear cache, restarting, clear cache, clear data, restarting, uninstalling, restarting, installing. Still nada past Monday. Samsung Galaxy S20.

1 Like

Same here. Can’t look past Monday Jan 3, 6:35am and get the “network error”. Using Android companion app.

1 Like

If anyone wants to enter an event in the meantime use the links to Zwift schedule via Zwifthacks or Zwiftpower. Could be quiet around Watopia soon!

1 Like

I’ll try that! Could be worth zwift’s while to emergency patch this though! Lots of people having a problem

Y2K22? :dizzy_face:

4 Likes

Yes same issue for 2 days also raised issue with customer support
thanks also for raising

3 Likes

The companion app stopped working properly during my ride this morning…

• In game map froze
  • Messaging screen still worked

Seems to be lots of bugs at the moment

1 Like

Notifications/Calendar recently broke on CA too. Gets a bit tiring.

1 Like

Bit of a workaround here: Companion app - no notifications on Android - #7 by Dave_ZPCMR

2 Likes

Good workaround for the calendar stuff but there are many other issues being reported. Seems that last update has caused problems.

1 Like

fwiw, I am still running vers. 3.29.0 of the CA. I haven’t opted to update to what’s showing as current 3.31 for iphone and can still go further into the future in events without issue. Strange though that website events page also can’t go further into the future though. The 3.31 CA version says it’s dated 12/15 – you’d think this issue would have been known prior to yesterday?

Issues have been reported on Android, not iOS as far as I’m aware.