Companion app no longer adding events to calendar

Glad it worked! I missed a good number of events bc I forgot about them not being on my calendar before I eventually sat down to figure out a fix.

1 Like

I tried @Richard_Barnhill 's solution, and even uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but unfortunately that didn’t work for me. However, I did notice something interesting. Just for fun, I toggled the “create event reminder” setting to “ask” and then joined an event. The app did not ask if I wanted to create a reminder. This seems like something’s broken.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was gonna circle back here today to mention that I joined a noon group ride today and surprise to me - it was not added to my calendar despite yesterday, it clearly working again. Back to square one…

1st January 2022 - same bug for me for the past several days (couple of weeks). Advice to uninstall/reinstall is useless. Installing on a second device does not help. Nor does clearing cache/storage. The bug remains.

I also see followed Zwifters allegedly Zwifting non stop, day after day, but they are not on Zwift presently and have no recently saved Zwift activities. Heather Fell is one example.

This app is definitely broken.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem, all authorisations are there

Try this: Companion app - no notifications on Android - #7 by Dave_ZPCMR

Followed all of that too. Definitely a bug

Looks like this started working again with the latest update. At least, I did nothing and received the alerts like normal - so I’ll call that a win!

Still doesn’t prompt for me, and there isn’t an update.

Update out, still broken.

The Tour de Zwift filter in the events section is also returning a “network error” and no events are showing until I turn off the filter.

Interesting. Just downloaded new Companion 3.31.1 from Apple Store and there’s no TdZ filter. (I do recall seeing one last year for TdZ and for ToW.) :-\

P.S. Sorry if this is off topic.

Same for me.

Selecting the only show Tour de Zwift filter results in no events/Network error.

Would have been good if it worked but no issue I will just go back to scrolling through the days.

Just finishing off that tangent: the flter seems to have been toggled on in iOS app now:

Functions correctly.

1 Like

Still the same on the latest update, prompt doesn’t appear and have to add reminders manually.

There was a new update to the Android companion app (3.32.0 (1321)) which I installed this morning. Now the companion app crashes when setting in app reminders. If I select to add it to my calendar and not set the companion app reminder, it works. The setting to “ask” or set a reminder by default still doesn’t work.

Different issue I believe: Android 12 Zwift Companion app crash [3.32.0] [February 2022 ] [SOLVED]

Brought it up here because it’s related to the broken reminders. Was checking to see if that had been fixed (since Zwift stopped posting changelogs for CA updates) and hit the crash bug.

They still haven’t fixed the reminder settings, tho.

1 Like

latest update on android seems to have broken the notifications for a favourite started zwifting for good measure. fix one thing, break 2…

Working fine on my Samsung (Galaxy A71) Android (11) post update.