Category of Races

Hello,

Sorry for my English, I’m learning.

Would it not be possible to modify the racing system?

Let me explain, currently the categories correspond to Watts per Kg, except that this system poses several concerns:

• Unfortunately, it is very easy to put on the wrong weight.
  • For my personal example, according to Zwift power I should ride in C, except that I develop between 2.4 and 2.5 Watts per Kg on average. So, I’m not strong enough to ride in C, but on the other hand, I’m too strong to ride in D …

My suggestions would be to:

• Make a system of ascent and descent with for example points. The first 10 of the races score a certain number of points, and after a figure X, they move up to a higher category.
    The last 10 of the race have negative points, and after a while that takes them directly down to the lower category.
    It would even make it possible to set up a classification system.
  • Lock categories to limit cheating. A lot of people ride in lower races when they are well enough to ride in the higher category.

What do you think ?

Thank you

In French :

Bonjour,

Ne serait-il pas possible de modifier le système des courses ?

Je m’explique, actuellement les catégories correspondent aux Watts par Kg, sauf que ce système pose plusieurs soucis :

• Il est malheureusement très facile de mettre un faux poids.
  • Pour mon exemple personnel, d’après Zwift power je devrais rouler en C, sauf que je développe entre 2.4 et 2.5 Watts par Kg en moyenne. Du coup, je ne suis pas assez fort pour rouler en C, mais par contre je suis trop fort pour rouler en D…

Mes suggestions seraient de :

• Faire un système de montée et descente avec par un exemple des points. Les 10 premiers des courses marquent un certain nombre de points, et au bout d’un chiffre X, ils montent en catégorie supérieure.
    Les 10 derniers de la course ont des points négatifs, et au bout d’un moment ça les fait directement descendre en catégorie inférieure.
    Ça permettrait même de faire un système de classement.
  • Verrouiller les catégories pour limiter la triche. Beaucoup de personnes roulent dans des courses inférieures alors qu’ils ont largement le niveau pour rouler dans la catégorie supérieure.

Qu’en pensez-vous ?

Merci

i believe it will still work out the same using you’re system as with the w/kg, If you don’t get to the C CAT w/kg for a while you get demoted back to D CAT, both systems will have riders hovering around the bottom of the list and other riders jumping up and down CAT’s, that is my opinion but i don’t work for Zwift