Can Anyone recommend a good Training Tire

(Bob Hill S A Texas) #1

I’m using a Kirk Kinetic Road machine. Can Anyone recommend a good training tire. Looking for good durability and grip (700c)

(Paul Allen (Watopia Wayfinder)) #2

Been using one of these for about 3 years and almost 10,000 miles on a trainer without issue or need of replacing: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VKYEX6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

(Gerrie Delport TeamZF) #3

I used the Vittoria Zaffiro got over 10,000km last year on it. This year i am using the cycleops training tire but to soon to tel how long it will last.

(Michael Mc Colley) #4

I was using a Zaffrio and it got really slick and was slipping. Can’t really speak to longevity, but I got a Michelin Dynamic Sport 25 yesterday. It is very sticky and does not slip at all. It is also a recommended tire for Bkools series of trainers.

(Bob Hill S A Texas) #5

Great feedback ! I really appreciate it! I’ve used continentals on my road bikes and know they are solid! I may try zaffiro. If you’re ever in Texas I’m good for a ride and a beer!

• List item

(Daren Chandisingh 🌱 [VISION]) #6

Vittoria Zaffiro Pro here too. I’m on my second: the first one did wear out:

I guess somewhere between 3,000 - 3,500km of use.

(Jeff Lawn) #7

I have a kinetic by kurt and use their training tire. They only sell 1 on the website, so it is easy to find.

(Frank Goehner) #8

I use a tacx trainer tire, and I got well over 10,000 km on it. No issues at all