Build me up program

(Shane) #1

Hi,

Just started the 12 week build me up program. Do i just do these workouts or is the room for a weekly ride or a long free ride. Any help greatly appreciated.

(Chay Mckenzie) #2

Hi.

Im starting this plan this week also, and plan to do at least one long outside ride (maybe two when the weather improves).

Can we do more then one zwift workout a day?

(Andy) #3

Hey Shane,

I’m in Build me up week 9… FTP 250 ish , 50 years old ish

I found the first few weeks a bit easy and was topping up with Zwift Events / Longer ride / at the weekends.

But in week 9 its starting to get a bit ugly :slight_smile: , pretty intense , 5 sessions in the week.

The plan seems to be broken down into 4 week chunks , 4th, 8th and 12th are recovery type weeks.

So i reckon if you don’t get sucked into other Stuff , like Tour De Zwift like I did , should be ok for a (say) long Zone 2 ride on the Weekend.

I also built a custom recovery ride workout (low Zone 2) to stop me over doing it.

To answer other q , yes you can do multiple rides on same day , but it does prevent you doing too soon . ie this am , i had 2 of the weeks rides available, did 1 around 9am, and the 2nd one is now not available until 6pm.

A weeks rides are sort of ordered , with some not becoming available in the week.

cheers,
Andy.

(Chay Mckenzie) #4

Useful thanks. I see to start in week one there are two 30 min workouts. And it would be goid to do both in a session.

(Shane) #5

Great insight. Thanks alot.