Bug: FTP updates despite failed test

(Paul McCombes) #1

My speed/cadence sensor dropped out during my FTP test, which is annoying enough as the test stopped early. However the application decided to update my FTP automatically to a value somehow calculated but lower than my previous (something like 265W vs a new value of 238W)

a) It shouldn’t automatically update

b) It definitely shouldn’t automatically update to a lower value

c) It really definitely shouldn’t update automatically to a lower value after a truncated/failed test.

(. TomH..) #2

Hi Paul, 

Sorry to hear this.

1. Signal issue - Do you know why you signal dropped out? If not, give us more details and we’ll help you figure it out.
  2. FTP update -  if you do an FTP test and finish it, the value will be updated no matter what the result is. (lower or higher). If your FTP got updated despite you finished earlier it might be a bug and I’ll create a ticket so we can take a closer look. In meantime you can change you FTP in Users Profile screen

Thank you very much for your feedback and Ride On!

(Paul McCombes) #3

Actually, the signal didn’t drop out - looking at it in Strava https://www.strava.com/activities/517152702/analysis 

Then it dropped out at about 34:20, and the signals were fine (When I looked yesterday I assumed the bit with no signal was the problem, but that was me stopping…)

So I don’t know what happened - is there anyway of stopping a test early that would cause this?

However, I didn’t finish the test so there is no way it should update on the basis of a failed test.

Did mandatory update used to be the case - I seem to recall it asking if I wanted to update before?

I’d set it back but I don’t know what it was.

ETA: What has happen to calculate this is that it has taken my best 20 minute power (248W according to Strava ) and multiplied by 0.95 (which is the standard way of getting FTP from a twenty minute test). So this is definitely a bug.