Bologna Specs

Hello all,

I am currently riding the Tour De Zwift and my next stage is Bologna. I have never ridden this course so I am a rookie to it. Can someone give me some specs on it? How much climbing and what is the grade? I did not know whether to join the “A” since it is 15 miles or the “B” since it is 5 miles. My Spider Sense is telling me that if it is only 5 miles, it must be a challenging course. Thanks.

1 Like

Mind that hill…

GP Llama has top tips on Bologna here too

The A race is supposed to be 3 laps (which would be over 600 m of elevation) but on the sighnup page it’s showing only 230m. Is this a mistake? Or does it not do the climb on all 3 laps?

The A race will have 2 laps, around 472 m of elevation and 24,3 km distance.
8,1 km uphill 246 m elevation
8,1 km downhill
8,1 km uphill 246 m elevation

Welcome Sean,

2 choices - the group ride either 1 lap (Route B or C) or 2 laps (Route A)
or the race - 2 laps for all Groups A-D

As Mariusz says, for the 2 laps its up-down-up.

As Simon and Garfunkel (keen Zwifters both) once wrote about this TT “hello, lactic my old friend…”

That makes no sense though, how come the 2 laps version is 3x as long as the 1 lap version?

Also, if it’s out and back and out again (which would make sense for the distance), it would be a lot more climbing. Yet the signup page says its just 236m (a single ride).

It does.

1 lap is from the stat banner to the KOM = 8km
2 Laps isf rom the stat banner to the KOM 8km then down back to the start 8km then from the start to the KM 8km.

8+8+8=24km

One lap is 240m climb, two will be 480m

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you’re right about the ride begin start->kom->start->kom, which would make it the 24.3km that it says.

What Zwift probably does is not count the kom->start part as a lap or anything, which basically makes it this:
start->kom, 1 lap
kom->start, not counted
start->kom, 1 lap

This still doesn’t account for the height of this ride being 240m, while it will actually be double.

A lap is defined as Start to KOM. So riding back to the start is not counted as a lap. A lap End at the KOM so 2 laps will take you to the KOM twice.

Yes that is a typo.