Bike Bias for Ride events

I am not saying that weight change is the best answer just pointing out that it can be helpful while there’s no bias setting.

Also a B rider doing a D group ride should know that he will be putting out less power that is probably why he picked the D group ride.

All good.

To perhaps illustrate the utility, here’s a snapshot out of Zwifthack events for upcoming Rides (not races) coming up between 12-1pm today (EST). If you’re a A, B, or C rider looking to not race on Zwift, but looking for a group ride, and you want to ride at your own pace, there aren’t many options in those categories :wink:

Well I’m an A/B rider and if I was looking for a social ride I’d happily pick a 2w/kg ride and possibly bump my weight up 25% depending how energetic I was feeling.

I certainly don’t want to ride around at 4W/kg everywhere just because I can (sort of).

I might also help with sweeping for a bit of extra exercise. That’s a good way to make a ride a bit tougher.

1 Like

I suspect my w/kg is very similar to yours (I think my average 3 in ZP are at 4.02) and there’s no way on earth I’m going to subject myself to that level of pain and suffering on a group ride :rofl:

I’ll either use a pace partner or find something at 2-2.5 of which there’s normally a decent amount to choose from.

Just maybe with other discussions going on, this feature request might just be able to get a bit more traction?

But if you want to make things harder then doing a bike change mid ride will do that. You have push yourself to get a gap, do the bike change then sprint again to not get dropped.

It’s perfect! :slight_smile:

No form of rider weight changing should ever be done. That is wrong.

We need mountain bike trails on Zwift to let the MTB’ers take advantage of their low gear ratios.
Zwift basically has MTBs on the road.

That’s the root problem.

1 Like

I think your making this more complex than it needs to be.
Today for example, I road with my wife outdoors IRL.
I just rode slower.
Sometimes I will shift to my highest gear and grind out real slow but I still stay with her and we just have a conversation.