Beta tester for disc wheel

(Giuseppe Monti) #1

Hi,
i know that only the beta tester can have disc wheel.
I was a beta tester, can you control that? And haw can i have disc wheel, if you can control that i was a beta tester?

Thank you

Peppe

(Daren Chandisingh 🌱 [VISION]) #2

I think the disc wheelset was an unlock for level 15 or so. So not all beta testers got it, just those who’d ridden enough Zwift. I think all beta testers got special shoes though.

A little over a year ago, Jon Mayfield himself said the disc wheel will be coming back.

"Jon Mayfield August 06, 2017 06:42

The disk wheel indeed will make a comeback and anybody will be able to acquire it. I can’t say when exactly but it should be before the end of the year."

https://gozwift.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115018520363-Disc-Wheel

However, it hasn’t surfaced yet. Maybe it will, who knows? I’ve heard rumours of an in-game “shop”, so maybe that’s what we’re waiting for.

(Paul Allen (Watopia Wayfinder)) #3

I have heard it both ways from Zwift officials that the Disc wheel will return and that there are no plans to being it back.

(Eric C. (Zwift HQ)) #4

Both are correct.

(Paul Allen (Watopia Wayfinder)) #5

Well I guess that settles it :grinning:

(Eric C. (Zwift HQ)) #6

Info coming! Sorry for being cheeky. :grinning:

(Clive King [KRT]) #7

is it a competition reward ? Whats the info :slight_smile: #impatient

(Pitch Blank) #8

Progress? :slight_smile:

(Johnathan Freter [DRAFT]) #9

Maybe…I’ve heard its in the air of right now. There are no cross winds (or any wind for that matter) so just do a special double disc.

(Clive King [KRT]) #10

seems a few riders have managed to unlock level 50 already (within days - how is this possible?) - does the disc wheel show up for level 50 ?

(Johnathan Freter [DRAFT]) #11

I’m only lvl 27, so don’t look at me on this one but I’ve heard rumors of folks using an ANT+ simulator to rack up some miles.

(Robert McMasters) #12

It’s because folks continued to earn XP even when the maximum level was 25. Once it was expanded to 50 they were already there.

(Paul Allen (Watopia Wayfinder)) #13

That’s not true at all. We get accelerated XP, but we don’t jump straight to level 50 (in my case level 39): https://zwiftinsider.com/accelerated-xp/