Beta Feedback Recap & January Update

Hi @Eddy_Lee .
I can create and administrate my club on my Samsung Tab A, but on my Samsung S8 phone I just have member access. Cannot create events or invitations via Companion App on the S8.
Is this known :thinking:?

Best regards
Markus

Hi @Eddy_Lee , a couple of things not on the list (maybe they belong with the new home screen team rather than here).

• Could Clubs events be surfaced to the top of the new home screen? This seems like a great way to let club members see what events have been organised, without having to go through the companion app and check.

• Could club identification be more of an integral part of the UI, particularly the new home screen? Show the club logo, colors etc

Thanks

2 Likes

Yes, access is also limited by device at this time.

Thanks for all the information. When can we expect a full rollout? I manage a zwift group in eastern Canada with over 400 members and we organize a weekly group ride program. Seems everyone around me is getting the club functionality, but even with deleting both apps (zwift and companion) and reinstalling, I still don’t have the Clubs functionality.

Patience young Padawan.

They said about 10% per week, so it won’t be long.

1 Like

FYI…

We just bumped up club availability to around 70% of users! We are almost to the end of our rollout, thank you all for being so patient.

11 Likes

Great points!

Patiently waiting…

Just got Clubs installed and setup. Excuse my ignorance but I couldn’t see how individuals could search for existing clubs or how I share club details so individuals could join!
Discovery?

FYI…

Big fan of your recon rides @Si_Bradeley_Pro_Visi . @Mike_Rowe1 posted it but we are currently working on the ability to discover and join a club. We are also working on the ability for someone to join via web link vs. ZC as well.

3 Likes

Made my day with that comment @Eddy_Lee . Thanks for the update and awesome work chaps.
Can’t wait to get some new recon events organised for the recons :wink:

1 Like

Thanks @Mike_Rowe1 :+1:

Got it this morning… Oh yeah, a gamechanger for our club for sure. But now I have to resolve another issue… Someone grabed our Zwift Club name (over 500 members) and I can’t create out Zwift Club because the name is already taken.

East Coast Zwift Riders

The only way to resolve this is a fight to the death, choose you greatest warrior and meet in the old west town in the desert of Watopia at high noon.

4 Likes

haha would be epic… but seriously, how do I know who it is… I have no issue with a meeting at high noon in the Watopia desert lol.

No idea, maybe @Eddy_Lee can help… though it might be a privacy issue and you are just going to have to choose a different name or spell it differently?

East Coast Zwift Ryderz…

I could see this being a much-repeated issue. Some club names are likely to be quite generic, and a “first come, first served” claim-staking land rush doesn’t feel great.

In some systems, things like this are catered for by having a visible part and a non-visible part. e.g. in Battle.net I could be Daren#1234 and someone else Daren#5678. In most contexts it might only show “Daren”, but the other information is available to be sure you’re connecting to the right person.

East Coast Zwift Riders#1 and East Coast Zwift Riders#2 seems fine to me, since the #1 or #2 is probably only needed when someone’s trying to join the right club.

2 Likes

Nah.

Dance-off in the Neokyo arcade.

6 Likes