Beginner DQ in first race

Hi everyone.
Yesterday i did my first race on zwift, but today i realized that i was disqualified. I do not know why, i just competed in the category that zwift suggested (C). During the last weeks i used zwift just for basemile training, perhaps because of that my power output in the very short race looked too high. I do know almost nothing about the mechanism how DQ and the catagories work.
can i see more details why i was disqualified somewhere? there is just a DQ on zwiftpower and i am not any more listed in the rankings.
sorry for my newbie questions…
joa

You raced in the 3rd of 4 races - ZwiftInsider Tiny Races. The rules include the one below.

• No skipping then returning. These races are meant to be raced as a set of 4. If you need to leave early, that’s fine… but once you miss a race in your hour’s set of 4, don’t come back and race another or you’ll be disqualified from that race since you rested while others were racing! (Example: racing only races 1 and 2 is fine. Racing 1, 2, and 4 is not – you will be DQ from race 4. And if you race 2, 3, and 4, you’ll be DQ from all those races, since you skipped race 1!)

A link to the race page on ZwiftInsider. This website is great if you are new to Zwift or Zwift racing.

2 Likes

1 Like

If you click on the Unfiltered link in the results, you can see how you placed before you were removed from the results. You will also see that 23 riders were disqualified from this race for the same reason.

If you want to get accurate race categorization, I recommend doing max efforts at 3, 5, 12, 20 and 30 minutes. It doesn’t need to be done in a race. You can see your minimum race category by going to my.zwift.com. There is a “more info” link that will reveal the dates of your best power records.

1 Like

Just a quick explanation on why Zwift Insider races disqualify people who don’t complete all races:

It’s to prevent people from trying to gain easy ZP ranking points.

Some people would only ride the 4th race knowing they were competing against tired riders who had completed the 3 earlier races and they could therefore gain a higher finishing place (and better ZP ranking points).

2 Likes

I completed all 4 and it really pushed my limits, thought it was great but I was tired as heck,… lol. I hope there are more in the future

1 Like