Bad banter

Hi all. I was enjoying a ride yesterday with C Cadence 2:5 watt bot when a rider texted I’m a proud anti-Vaxer and who’s with me. Or something like that… well with in seconds this guy was being told he’s a moron, a ■■■■ and people like him make me so angry!…And so it continued for awhile till it calmed down.
I’ve had all the jabs, my choice, no one made me and I’ll suffer the long term consequences in the future if there are any. This guy doesn’t want it, his choice. We all have choices. Didn’t need to put the question out there on the ride, best kept to himself I guess considering the hostility the instantly received. Any thoughts

He got exactly what he wanted, stirred the pot and triggered a bunch of people.

5 Likes

Yep, you were all trolled about something that had nothing to do with bikes.
I could add more but then I would be trolling.
On a biking platform, non biking comments are freq trolling.
Cycling is full enough with its own contaversies.

3 Likes

Stupidity is unfortunately borderless. I use more and more often the No Hud function on long rides. This makes the training bearable for me. So just ignore and turn off the pests. Ride on :+1:

2 Likes

It’s rapidly become a no go topic. Bit like religion and politics.
Time and a place for such discussions and on a Zwift group ride its neither the time or the place.

3 Likes

Many topics need to be avoided because people are just so intolerant of others, the world has gone crazy.

3 Likes

Trolls are emboldened by the remoteness of the internet and lack of consequences.

If it had been an IRL, you could ostracise them from the ride… or even ahem accidentally push them over

@Al_Dash
Please report bad behavior. We have a couple of different ways to do that.

Zwift takes unacceptable behavior seriously, and we handle these clams offline (i.e. not on this public forum) to protect the privacy of the accuser and the accused.

2 Likes

Certain topics are best avoided. Just use the report function.

There is an anti-vax rider (by their name) that often takes sprint jerseys as well, maybe using a ant+ simulator or something. Also noticed a few other unusual names on the platform just yesterday.

They all basically got trolled by whoever it was who was seeking to stir up the hornets nest. Best way is to totally ignore them and they will get upset that nobody responds.

The Rapha 7pm ride yesterday was pretty cranky too with people arguing about gate-keepers, people cheating to get the jersey, not earning it, etc. made worse that the person who was apparently supposed to be leading it didn’t say anything or wasn’t there.

1 Like

Best advice is to just ignore it. They’re just seeking attention and seems like they got it.

2 Likes

Hi.
I don’t think it needs reporting to be honest. I feel it was a comment that fired some up very quickly. It’s a very touchy subject covid and emotions run very high.
Many riders jumped in on the texting to steer away from that subject and good for them. Still very much enjoying the bot rides and the very fun good banter. Let’s keep it that way.

1 Like