Award bronze, silver, gold and platinum badges

I found this one as I was searching for badge-related feature requests, and I’m definitely in favour.

Another one I saw was this one:

I replied to this thread as it was newer, but both of the suggestions are things I support. It seems to be that apart from designing an icon for the achievements and a bit of data capture, these are simple things that Zwift could add.

I’d like to see more of the long term/lifetime types of achievements touched on in the other thread.

Some ideas I had:

Meta achievements for riding every badge route on a given world, e.g. “Rider of Watopia” (naming things isn’t my forté, so just imagine I’ve come up with good names).

Badges that promote spending Drops:

“Easy Come, Easy Go”: spend 5 million Drops

Badges that promote competition:

“Speed Demon”: Ride 100 ITT or TTT events
“Podium Hunter:” Complete 500 races

Achievements that promote social riding:

“Better Together”: ride 1000km with RoboPacers or in group ride events. (Distance might favour stronger riders, so this could be awarded for, say, riding 100 hours with RoboPacers/group rides.)

Achievements that promote social encouragement:

“You’re Doing Great!”: give out 5000 Ride Ons. Thinking about this one, I thought it could be cool to have a special reward for those who really love to give out Ride Ons. For example, after giving out 10,000 Ride Ons (or something), your “Ride On” thumb could change from blue to Zwift orange, and from then on every time you give out a Ride On they get an orange thunb.

Another variation on this theme might be that for every 1,000th Ride On you give out, the system pops a golden Ride On over your avatar. That way everyone else around can see you’ve just given out a 1,000th Ride On (or 500th, 250th etc.)

Zwifter Score

I like the idea of an overall achievement score too. World of Warcraft does this, where each achievement has a score (5, 10, 20 etc.) and as a player you accumulate a total score.

This might be your Zwifter Score that’s shown on your profile page (when we get public profiles), or could be shown on Club pages to promote friendly rivalry within clubs.

The other thread I linked had a load of good ideas for things that could contribute, but there are hundreds of others people could come up with I’m sure.

The more the better IMO. Really lean in to the game aspect of Zwift. As another poster said:

I am getting started on Zwift and am currently in the process of collecting all of the badges.

Once I have achieved this, I am concerned the ‘gamification’ aspect will diminish.

What’re more, along with all these new badges and long term goals I really want to be able to display them. A virtual trophy cabinet that people can look at to see which badges I have. This could be as simple as a page on my Zwift web profile, but could also be something we see when inspecting a rider in Companion.

I just want more things to try and collect. I don’t use Zwift for “training” like some, I’m here because I’m a cyclist and a gamer, but Zwift doesn’t do enough to satisfy the gamer side of me.

5 Likes