Audio trouble - BT headset

As anyone else using a BT headset to connect to their PC? I have had a lot of trouble with this. My headset connects fine for “normal computer stuff”, but when I launch Zwift I rarely get the audio channel. Today I am sure that the headset connected properly with my laptop, but as soon as I launched Zwift I start hearing a few clicks and pops, but no audio channel. Just curious if anyone else is seeing that. When I disconnected the headset, my TV defaulted back to the audio channel (through HDMI), but still no Zwift audio. After closing Zwift, I heard normal computer audio stuff through the TV. Odd …

I set up a BT headset on a Win 7 machine last week. Had to update to current drivers (have Intel BT chipset) and it works great with Zwift. Did you select the BT headset in control panel, sound?

I need to do some more troubleshooting. I had it working once or twice, but I couldn’t get it to work today or on Saturday. Once I closed Zwift, I was able to hear computer sounds through the headset again. Strange.

Check out how it’s connected in the control panel.

Like it’s “bluebuds x hands free” or “bluebuds x stereo” and I had to disable one / enable the other and set as default communication / default playback etc… for the one that works better, the other one doesn’t get great sound quality due to very low bit rate on that channel.