Are you Zwifting with an Elliptigo? I am

People use different kinds of hardware with Zwift - handbikes, indoor elliptical machines, MTBs, rowing machines (?), sneakers… Each has a different geometry and interaction with Zwift.
(repost, I accidentally locked the original…)

Mine happens to be the Elliptigo brand of outdoor elliptical bike, the 8s.

I’m using it with a Fluid 2 dumb trainer and an RPM sensor, set for a 20" wheel. This lets me generate ~100W in the game, putting me somewhere between the faster runners and the slower bikers. Just like IRL with this machine.

This is enough power that I can enjoy Zwift, keep the scenery moving, and do the work out programs.

Would love to hear what your set up is. At least now there’s a search result!

Yes, I Zwift at least 2x a week using my 8c, sessions normally 60-90min. I have a Kinetic trainer with a smart sensor. I find I can average around 200W and 20+ mph, which I’d never achieve outside. Still, either way, it’s a good workout. Pity there isn’t an ElliptiGO bike for your avatar to ride. Enjoy!

1 Like

I was zwifting on an 11r using a kurt kinetic smart trainer and have used that setup several times a week for about 4 years. Unfortunately the axle on the 11r sheared due to the stresses put on it by the movement/rocking caused by the long steering column. It’s now been repaired (expensive!!) and I have just bought an ElliptiGo fluid 365 trainers which I will use on Zwift with a Bluetooth speed sensor. (Just waiting for the sensor to arrive)Not quite as good as my previous setup but will still allow me to get on Zwift at least.

Wow, so it was the rear axle that cracked or…? Was there damage to the frame too?

In any case, that’s seems like a good reason to get the Elliptigo-specific trainer.

No the frame is fine, it’s just the axle on the Shimano alfine hub that sheared. After being in touch with ElliptiGo, I believe it’s the first time they’ve heard of this happening and the kinetic did used to be the trainer they recommended. I think I was unlucky for it to happen, but you wouldn’t want to be the second! The 365 trainer is well thought out and rock solid because of the front stand. The repair cost £220, so not something I wanted to happen again!

Your Fluid 2- is it by Saris or CycleOps? Where did u get it? Can I ask which sensor u got and where to buy?
I bought a Kinteic Road Machine Smart 2 but it doesnt work with my 8C…so I use it with the MSUB for now.

WHICH kinetic do u use? I have a Kinetic Road Machine Smart 2 but it doesnt fit my 8C. I aas told there are no Kinetic right now that woukd work with the 20 inch 8C

Can i ask which sensors you bought for this? And where? Is it easy to install?

The Fluid 2 is the same between Saris and CycleOps – just a rename, I believe. I use a Wahoo Blue SC with the cadence turned OFF. Only use the RPM sensor.

I heard the wahoo rubber band doesnt fit the hub on elliptigo 8c. How did u get yours to fit?

Oh, that’s true. I used small plastic zip ties around the bike frame.

I got my 8c to work on zwift with Elliptigo trainer with a wahoo speed sensor! Thanks for sharing.
How u do u find ur speed compared to other cyclist? Most past me. I know our bikes are generally slower as we stand. Not sure if I should adjust the tension, although i been trying that, or could be just me and my my peddling. I think it u or another said they are faster than runners but slower than bikers.

I’m glad you got it to GO! Yes, with the settings as they should be, you will be somewhere between the runners and the regular cyclists.