Apple TV 4K App Cutting Edges Off Picture

Oh. You’re knackered then I think, that’s definitely the right setting to change.

1 Like

Have you got a dot by dot setting? I had the same issue and found this on my Sharp TV, Solved the problem. I thnk it;s similar to the overscan stting. I couldn’t find this on my TV but the dot by dot setting worked.

Had a look and can’t see anything like that. I can’t see anything that I don’t understand what it does (if you know what I mean :joy:). I genuinely think this TV is that awful that it just doesn’t have the capability.

Upside is that I’d ordered another similar Toshiba yesterday for my father-in-law as a wee extra for him. I’ve managed after another 1hr 20min wait with Currys customer service to cancel it. The downside is that it’s vouchers. The upside is that is that I’ll buy a half decent LG and give this one to my father-in-law. He just watches standard TV and won’t have to bother with any crap like this.

1 Like

Issue solved. :smile::smile::smile::smile:

Bought a new telly that can handle it without any messing about. Only costs £100 more. Bought a Philips 55PUS8204/12. Worked perfectly straight out the box. Will never buy Toshiba stuff again.

6 Likes

Good stuff! Really weird that you couldn’t change the Toshiba, especially when those menu options do exist. Maybe it’s something they can leave out to cut costs, and most people never need it so don’t realise.

I fully suspect that’s what it is. Cheaper telly less features. I’m happy now and that’s all that counts. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

well i was having the same problem but then i reinstalled it and now it is working fine. try doing it

2 Likes

Reinstalled what? Zwift?

Reviving an older post - I had this same problem and tried all the fixes suggested here with no success.

I finally tried changing the Apple TV HDMI Output from the default YCbCr to RGB High. Problem fixed!

Cheers Brian. That may have been a less expensive way of sorting it than me buying another telly. :rofl::rofl:

Thanks for letting us know. :+1:t2:

Folks,

This is how I fixed it. Under Pictures/Advance Settings of your TV, make sure
HD Size = Size 2. Not sure why, but manufacturers set the HD Size = Size 1 by default.

Setting it to Size 2 also fixed issues with some channels where I had noticed icons at the bottom right corner being too close to the edge of the TV.

Good luck.