App Performance : Driving me to cancel

Hey folks,

In obviously upset right now because Zwift is running absolutely horrible on my machine. It freezes for 3-10 seconds every 3-4 seconds.

I’ve reinstalled the game, I have tried multiple trainers and sensors connected both via ant and Bluetooth.

It was so bad yesterday I activated 14 days of rgt to do a ride becuase zwift wouldn’t work consistently.

I’m watching my GPU spike to 100% for no reason and the game is using 8gb of VRAM. HOW!? The textures in this game look awful, how is it consuming so much vram.

For reference the GPU is a Sapphire Pulse RX 590 Nitro. The cpu is a ryzen 1800x series.

Game is installed on a 1tb nvme m.2 ssd.

This gym PC can run most AAA games at decent settings but it’s been since related to a zwift machine.

All drivers are up to date and as are bios settings.

When I ran rgt for the first time it was buttery smooth locked at 60fps (monitor vsync).

How is it that zwift runs so incredibly poorly and constantly freezes for multiple seconds!?

So frustrating. Is there a log I can look through to see what’s happening in zwifts app becuase I feel like this is a case of terrible optimization but I’d love to be able to debug it.

Equipment tested:

Wahoo kickr v5
Wahoo kickr snap
Elite Suito T
Garmin xc rally
Wahoo tickr
Garmin HRM dual

Thanks,

Ryan

I’d suggest starting by uploading an activity to Zwiftalizer 2.0

Post the result of that here so we can see where the bottlenecks are.

This guide’s a good place to start too: Zwift on PC: The Ultimate Guide to Running Zwift at Its Very Best | Zwift Insider

TL;DR: enable triple-buffering and adaptive sync. Cap the frame rate at 61fps. (I think I’ve got that right) Go 1440P if you’re bogging down at 4K.

Will do so immediately after this ride so long as logs are enabled by default. Thanks