Anti sandbagging and other areas that need development and communication

Not at the time of writing. The functionality doesn’t exist.

Club owners can’t even change the w/kg of the cats, you are stuck with the “normal” A, B, C, D limits.

1 Like

Just look at the most recent 40 hours of ride data - regardless of how long ago.

3 Likes

Does Zwiftpower capture DNF data? Lots of sandbaggers/cruisers just bail on races when they would be upgraded if they were to finish.

2 Likes

With a good ranking system, ideally you would take ALL data, with a weighting towards more recent data.

For power metrics, this is a really tricky one to get right. I would go longer than 90 days - maybe 120 days, but include all activities - particularly free rides and workouts. That would capture any FTP tests, VO2 max interval workouts, etc. With no sandbagging due to flexible pens, and therefore less reason to deliberately avoid certain effort types, this would be pretty robust.

2 Likes

Probably a daft/irrelevant point but I wonder how hard it would be for Zwift to show your ZP category alongside your name all the time? That way if you’re a B and you enter a C race (or equivalent across categories) everyone in the race would be able to see what category you should be racing in.

I only mention it because they do it for mass start races, and it’s always interesting to see the mix of categories.

1 Like

This would only work if Zwift created a Zwiftpower account for all Zwifters. A significant number of Zwifters (majority even?) do not have a ZP account.

Hoping the February pen enforcement changes make this idea irrelevant.

2 Likes

No ZP cat → dump into E. I suspect they’ll soon register if they want to keep racing.

5 Likes

Zwift has all of all of our ride data. Check out your Activities on zwift.com. ZwiftPower is not necessary.

1 Like

In racing, there are a good amount of ZP users, aren’t there? Amongst the sandbaggers or incorrect pen entrants, don’t they want to see themselves in the results? Only needs to be 1 or 2 of ZP users with the min cats showing in eg. a breakaway (not everyone) that might help others decide whether to follow or not. Anyway, suggested similar above. I don’t see how it would hurt anything. https://forums.zwift.com/t/anti-sandbagging-and-other-areas-that-need-development-and-communication/541286/2428

This is exactly what should be happening already.

5 Likes

I think if they introduced single sign-on, they could auto-enroll everybody, but mark anyone as private that hasn’t accepted the privacy policy. The data can then still be used (if it is even needed) for pen enforcement. If people then want to view the results (and be part of them), they just need to access ZP and accept the privacy policy.

2 Likes

The programming effort to add another element next to your name in game is a lot more than a IF statement.

IF(ZPcat = “A”, PenA,
IF(ZPcat = “B”, PenB,
IF(ZPcat = “C”, PenC,
IF(ZPcat = “D”, PenD,
IF(ZPcat = “NA”, PenE,“ERROR”)))))

Done. You are welcome… LOL

9 Likes

There are quite a few people who have no idea Zwiftpower even exists. The results on your screen after the race, or in the companion app, is the official race result for them.

6 Likes

eurrgghhh

3 Likes

Wow, after 2700 posts, I think we’ve finally cracked it! That was hard work!

5 Likes

Perhaps. Just a quick look at an upcoming crit in Zwifthacks shows 159 attendees. On ZP entries list there’s I think (had to manually count) about 136 names listed. I think as long as there’s just a significant portion with ZP cats, it would be helpful to have a measure of the field.

In race, I can imagine the programming headache of trying to link live race with what’s residing in ZP. Rather I think the link has to be built to embed the ZP cat into your Zwift profile, so that to show the ZP cat would be comparable to just showing the person’s name or showing the brand of bikeframe they’ve chosen.

Great Gerrie you waited all this time to solve it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

136 out of 159 is a much higher percentage than what I see on my Sunday 3R race.

1 Like

Yeah, a sample size of 1 race is not representative.

1 Like