Allow rejoining or late-join on crashed rides

After I planned my weekend around the March 2019 Fondo, Zwift for iOS crashed as I was leaving the starting corral. Since the ride did not allow late-join, I was not able to get back in, and had to wander around NYC instead. That was a disappointment since events like the Fondo series and the Tour de Zwift are really the best part of the Zwift experience.

Group rides like the Fondo series should allow rejoining. I understand that there’s some conflict between maintaining rankings and allowing late-join, so I would not mind if any of the following applied:

• I rejoin from the exact spot I left off, perhaps falling behind and having to catch up
  • If I late-joined instead of crashing out, I have to start from the corral
  • I only join at the very back of the peloton (instead of the current late-join behaviour, which seems to place you closer to the front)
  • I’m DQ’ed from the leaderboard rankings (but I still get to see the names of the riders around me for the social group ride aspect)

I had the same issue today.
Did a Danish Bike Riders race. Had 10 km left (or so) and was in a comfortable second place - AND THE GAME CRASHED!
It’s amazing that in 2019, you have a game you can’t rejoin if it loses internet for just a brief second.
It really destroyed my love for the game. :frowning:

I was 4 km from the top of the Alpe on L’Etape du Tour de France today (Uber Pretzel route). This was 125km(!) in and 3:45hrs when a power surge reset my computer. 30th place, but that’s not the point, just wanted to finish it off, couldn’t care less about the position. I was actually looking forward to +1 all the great people in my group and finding some new Zwift friends, but I knew it was gone for eternity.
Re-join. That’s the only feature that will make Zwift trustworthy in terms of effort and time. Weeks of training and hours of effort down the drain.

2 Likes

+1
This morning again, on Stage 2 // Virtual Haute Route Ventoux, 3km left until finish line : crash and unable to rejoin. WTF ? It’s 2020 come on !!

+1 I could not agree more !

2 Likes