Age groups for jerseys

I’m fairly new to the forums so I’m not sure if this has been discussed and I can’t find this topic in a search. I think it would be nice if it were possible to give jerseys for different age groups. At 59 I’m not going to be taking many jerseys from the 20-somethings. Going for PRs is great but if I knew I actually had a chance at a jersey in my age group I’d probably put out a little more effort to grab it. Zwift, can you make this happen? Anybody have any thoughts?

Just turned 50 here, I like it. Good idea.

1 Like

Might want to try a masters series race: Bolt Race Team presents BRT Masters Training RACE.
Search for masters in Zwiftpower.com events

Hey Bob. Yeah, not really interested in racing. Just thought a lot more of us might try for course or KOM jerseys if we knew we had a chance at one. I know I would try harder.

1 Like

Thats a really good age Dave! LOL same, I agree not so much for races, but for just the regular riding that would be interesting to see how well we were competing with others in our group!

I like that idea.
One concern I have is when sorting by age on Z Power (I am 68), i get 50+, 60+,VET, Mas, U23, etc. The list is random so I cant sort by age group.
I suggest that age groups be in 5 or 10 year increments. i.e. 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+.
Specific age groups would be great for us old guys :slight_smile:

The starting pens for the masters races are split by 10 year increments, but the results are split by 5 year increments. As far as I know that’s as good as it gets with the current system and events. ZwiftPower isn’t getting much development work these days so my guess is nothing better is on the way.

How do I get a breakdown of those age brackets on Zwift Power?
If I do a sort it just gives general categories.
It would be nice to do a age group sort for other than masters races.
I’ll try a Masters race and check out the results.
Thanks for the info

If you look at a past ZHR Masters event, after the finish the riders are sorted into categories that represent 5 year bands. I believe category “I” is 70-74, category “J” is 75-79. Click on the description link to see the starting pens. Here’s an example:

The original idea from OP I think was aimed at best segment times in free riding. I don’t think ZP will help you with free riding.

If you are interested in seeing how some of your best segments from group or event rides stack up against others, by age groups, then ZP can help.

Paul has given you one method if you wish to race in Masters events.

If you want to put in hard efforts on segments in other group rides or races try using the SEGMENTS tab or ZPOINTS tab on your ZP profile page. Playing around in these two tabs will soon lead you to a filter where you can see how you stack up against others by age and weight for day, week, month or all time.

Thanks Ian,
I looked at segments and I found one segment that I could sort.
In my profile under Race Ranking it gives what place I’m in in my age bracket. Not sure what the bracket is but it is something I can try to improve.
I’ve been on Zwift for maybe 3 years now and I’m liking it more as they make improvements.

Thanks for the feedback
Ride On!