Age Categories - Master/Veteran?

I have noticed that Zwift Power uses names for the Age group that some fall into but cannot find where it tells you what ages these refer to.
For example “Masters” Veteran” etc. I fall into the 50+ but do not know if these guys are younger or older than me. I need to know if I am doing OK for my age or if I have a lot more work to do!
Thanks in advance for any replies
Lisa Tee

1 Like

Took me awhile to discover on ZP that hovering your mouse over certain data headings will reveal a pop-up description.

Bertram Redmeijer used the mouse hover to revel age categories and posted this: posted “Senior = 23 to 29, Master = 30 to 39, Veteran = 40 to 49". Not mentioned categories, that are used, are: U23 (under 23); 50+ (50 to 59) and 60+ (60 to 69(?)). There might be a 70+ category, I haven’t seen it yet.”

https://www.zwiftpower.com/viewtopic.php?t=3584

1 Like

Thanks so much! This makes me feel so much better! I don’t mind getting my ass by someone younger than me!

1 Like

It’s about time these categories were updated, or at least some named ones added for people older than 49… I know they come from traditional race categories (from the days when you were “old” at 30 and most people considered they were past it by the time they were 40 and took up pipe smoking and cardigan wearing), but these days the idea of a kid of 40 being considered a “veteran” is a bit farcical…

If we are to stick with senior, master and veteran, what names could be applied to 50+, 60+ and 70+? How about elder, patriarch and methuselah…?

5 Likes