Ability to use Garmin course files

Would be great to have the ability to use Garmin course files to change the elevation. Maybe a fairly generic course, but the Garmin course file could manage the elevation adjustments. Perhaps a pipe dream, but I’d love to be loading up the race course files corresponding to upcoming races and be able to Zwift-simulate my way through the race.

Its called FE-C protocol and you need a smart trainer compliant with the new ANT + protocol. Will be coming to Kickr soon. Where the garmin controls it, kind of like a signal that will go both ways as apposed to the current 1 way signal.

I doubt if it will control the visuals you see on Zwift though, as that terrain is fixed to the course.

Many apps do this already, not with the animated visuals of Zwift with the exception on BKOOL.

Check out CycleOps Virtual Training where you are able to ride a .gpx file with a smart trainer for elevation/resistance control and even add you own video too. It isn’t as social although there is an element of this.

Brett, I’m using a Computrainer; so I’m basically looking for Zwift to be able to control it in the same way the Racermate SW does. I realize the UI would not be able to change; although hopefully at least the elevation graph could reflect the course file.

Kevin - I will definitely check out the CycleOps Virtual Training…