30 Day records

I know it’s a common complaint but the 30 day personal records are deeply annoying. For training reasons, I really wish lifetime bests were recorded.

Has a good reason for this ever been given?

A 30 day PB says a lot more about your current fitness than a life best. There’s one reason.

Another app I use only records your last 6 or maybe 8 weeks of training data because after that time it really isn’t that relevant.

You might be able to use garmin connect or strava keep the data you want.

1 Like

I so agree with this. I just don’t do many of the rides often enough to even have a decent 30 day, but I have ridden most courses so I’d like to know my last best, even if it was last year.

5 Likes

Ah I see where you are coming from. I thought you were talking about the power numbers at the end of the ride.

You could use ZwiftGPS in a web browser, connect your Strava account to it, and it will give you the option of different PBs to show on the map, along with a “ghost” of that effort.

2 Likes

@Rich_Langston and @Federico_Cribiore

vote this old feature request up, apparently, people have been asking for this for a long time

1 Like

I think you are not right … or my personal experience differs, at least. Example … Alpe d Zwift. I’m a casual rider and even I admire this route, I don’t ride it too often, as it’s quite stressful for me … real challenge. You know, I’m weak, old, overweighted, my knees hurt, etc … so I ride it once a month, probably a little bit less.

In the meantime, I do other climbs like Epic KOM, Volcano, London, Innsbruck … so my climbing abilities don’t evaporate … it should be the same or maybe a little bit better. Then I return to AdZ to try it again … and guess what? Ops, there is no PR available to me. Like I’ve never ridden it. I have no clue how to compare my current ride with my last one (moreover that last one probably is not my best one I’d like to use for such comparison).

Thus, the current solution is really stupid from my point of view. I believe, it may work for somebody else, but not for me. All I need is to be able to set my own PR “time range”… let me decide what numbers are useful for me. Definitely the appropriate timeframe is not 30 days …

3 Likes

Or, let’s say you ride on Zwift very regularly, but not all of the worlds.
Then, you want to give Richmond a whirl for the first time in over a month. Guess what - you don’t have any information of what your PRs were in Richmond.

1 Like

Here’s a radical notion.Keep a diary.Record all your stats and refer back to them.Or use Strava.Or a computer.I use a Garmin 530.Zwift saves the data to both Strava and Garmin Connect.I use the 530 to record different values such as TSS,IF,Exercise Load,V02Max.It’s not difficult.

1 Like

funny I thought I ran Zwift on a computer, why do I need to get a pen and pencil out, ( like I did in the 1970s ?)

6 Likes

30 day records probably made sense on Jarvis Island. Not with 10 worlds, soon 11 with the 2020 Worlds course in Switzerland, including an enormously expanded Watopia. Even from a pure fitness trending perspective 3 CTS time constants, 120 days, makes far more sense.

PRs are a virtually worthless feature to me right now.

4 Likes

yesterday i rode the Douce france course with the HERD group ride, there were no previous sprint ( nor KOM) 30day PBs listed, they did then populated on subsequent laps (every 45 min or so)
Last Sunday i did the Tire-bouchon French course, again a group ride with the HERD, this course covers all the french roads ( excluding ven-top) in each direction and contains all the 6 French sprints.
Why were none of these PBs from last week, carried over yesterday’s ride ?

I think that if you have only ridden the segments during an event they won’t show up for some reason.

30 day pr’s never made sense.

1 Like

To day though i rode some of yesterdays France course on my own, yesterday’s sprints showed up but still not those from the week before!

I think there is enough tech in Zwift that I shouldn’t have to keep a freaking diary

5 Likes

I love Zwift, but it is beyond comprehension that simple things like all-time PR’s aren’t available on KOM’s, sprints etc. Best times for AdZ segments should also be available.
Don’t get me started on saves without exiting the program, route selection after an event, warm up/cool down from event etc.
Simple, simple changes that would make an awesome product so much better.

5 Likes