Zwift XP points for Climbing & Distance instead of Only Distance

You could also add XP for watt output right? Uphill you’ll get more and also on the flat when your going faster.

2 Likes

XP is sorely missed for climbing. Like you say you could just go around the flat routes and clock up huge XP for riding flat! There is far more effort of course in climbing and this should be rewarded with XP.

Could argue speed as well for XP but that might either alienate people of urge people to push faster in there riding.

A must for climbing and possibility for speed.

going uphill (getting XP in “hard way”) means you will earn XP in “easy way” later (downhill the same track). Seems to be “square” for my humble old eyes - just never stop your ride on the top … if you are focused on XP.

Anyway, those XPs seem to be “important” until you reach level 12 (access to Alpe d Zwift) only. Then any additional XPs are less important (or may I say useless ?), as “the reward” is some virtual stuff only (who cares) … my 2 cents …

1 Like

It should be pretty easy to work out some kind of distance x net elevation gain equation and add it based on time or something

Right now I can go and take an hour and a half to climb Alpe Du Zwift and collect XP for 34km

You get 250 extra for climbing it though. It works out about the same as a flat ride I think.

I would prefer XP relative to your effort. Now riders who push high raw wattages and/or do races and enjoy the (double) draft will get more XP than a rider who is riding alone but still pushing hard.

I would suggest to make XP based on TSS.

If you get the Lightweight wheels a second time, it’s actually 1000XP! :smiley:

Yeah!
+1 this would roll out interesting experience strategys

Well I am at level 45 and getting the accelerated 160pts per km to make up for what I have missed over year(s) stuck on level 25. Anyway, i repeated TdZ stage 3 and when i got to the top of the climb was awarded 2000pts. Coincidence? Maybe.

If you had hit the Lightweight Wheels for reaching the top, and hit the Big Bonus for riding under the arch, you would have been awarded 10,000 XP!

Shouldn’t that be 8000 XP?

Wheels = 1000
Big Bonus = 250
1250 * 8 = 10,000

Ah. I didn’t realize you always got 250. I thought that was the consolation prize for getting an item you already had…and that it was bumped up to 1000 if the repeated item happened to be the wheels.

I agree. I would like to see maybe 20xp for every 100m climbed. Why should a 30-90 min uphill effort not receive the same xp reward as 30-90 min flat? This isn’t a case of chasing xp either, but if xp is a part of the zwift experience then it should be a fair reflection of time and effort.

Likewise if I’m doing a generally flat effort I go for California Challenge, as soon as I start a longer uphill effort I switch in settings to Everest. If challenges can give rewards for flat or climbs then general riding should do the same.

1 Like

If you’re not holding a powerup, you get one when going under the AdZ KOM banner. Sometimes that powerup is the “big bonus”. It’s rare, but +250XP.

Then you get the prize wheel. As you say, you get +250XP for getting a prize you already have, unless it’s the Lightweight wheels. Then you get +1000XP.

So once you already have all the prizes, you’re guaranteed at least 250XP (duplicate prize bonus). It could also be:

• 260XP (small bonus + duplicate prize),
  • 500XP (big bonus + duplicate prize),
  • 1000XP (powerup + duplicate wheels),
  • 1010XP (small bonus + duplicate wheels),
  • 1250XP (big bonus + duplicate wheels)

I think that’s every combination anyway. :smiley:

Plus XP rolling back down. All in all it makes AdZ worth climbing in a far more rewarding way than the Epic KOM and Radio Tower (since you can’t even coast all the way back down from them IIRC).

I don’t suppose anyone has calculated the probabilities of those outcomes?

I don’t know if anyone has any data on the probabilities of the prize wheel or powerups. I do know that I got the Lightweight wheels after about 8 ascents, and then got them twice in a row a few ascents later. :smiley:

How come? Is this 100 % sure?

Only for people who were over level 25 when level 50 came out and are still on the accelerated XP path.

As explained in Bhaltair’s post, they could get 1000XP for the wheels, 250XP for the KOM “big bonus”. That’s 1250, which x8 is 10,000XP.

Thanks. So after reaching appropiate level the 10k XP Boost is impssible to trigger again?