Zwift teasing Tokyo expansion with "Olympic" rings?

I saw the activity file before he made it private , the activity photo was him riding on tarmac (not gravel) , he rode most of the roads (excluding the section to the south west ) and they appeared to be a mix of flat and hilly terrain , with a few cat 4 sized hills in the north

7 Likes

Nice work stalking him @Gideon_Geldenhuys195 :wink:

Good work, but next time - screenshot!

1 Like

I don’t care so much what it looks like, I just hope it has a decent medium-length climb in it, by which I mean something a bit longer than the Epic Kom / Innsbruck and a bit shorter than Ventoux / Alpe du Zwift. Zwift needs a decent continuous 40 minute climb, that length is best for training climbing at FTP IME and it’s completely missing from Zwift.

2 Likes

Yet more teasers on email… Today / Tomorrow ?? :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I see it more like those Bologna style TTs (or the penultimate Tour stage in 2020) where the riders take the TT bike to the bottom of the climb and then switch to the climbing bike.

The only difference being the need to switch back again as you exit the jungle dirt roads.

I’m guessing this evening or overnight tonight? (UK)

Dunno, but Thursday is a big day for WTRL TTT. The first races start at 10:15am (UK) I think, so any time tomorrow is going to catch a lot of riders out with a big update just as they come online.

There is a window of a few hours between 1pm and 5:30pm or so though, so it could be then.

2 Likes

Then ride AdZ or Ventoux for 40mins and do a U-Turn :wink:

3 Likes
1 Like

Hmmmm. 20 miles and he rode the whole world…

Not quite, this part in the corner wasn’t ridden. (Linked so as not to include as a spoiler)

That’s because it’s a MTB route. :wink:

Totally did not catch that!

Hmmmm. That does make sense…

That doesn’t work psychologically - you may as well ride for 40mins on a dumb trainer.

Sa Calobra in Mallorca would make a brilliant Zwift route.

1 Like

So… maybe an MTB climbing section? with a Bypass across the bottom?

If you like Mallorca, Cap Formentor in RGT is free :wink:

2 Likes

Interesting…the map on the Strava ride shows up on the Santa Cruz Islands

yup, not the same Island that Watopia is on, or France… so I guess they won’t connect…