Zwift Rowing in Weeks? Eric Min

As the Concept2 is the ‘Gold’ standard for rowing machines, I can assure you Zwift will integrate the PM5 into the software. When it will arrive, we wait patiently.

Thanks for your reply. Which of those Apps/Software can do live multiplayer races like RowPro? I just want to row online with others, thats why I use RowPro.

Mind you, City Row is ~$30 per month, which is probably significantly about the monthly subscription threshold for a lot of people (well, me) - I was intrigued until I saw the price.

1 Like

In news that will surprise no-one rowing has been officially ■■■■-canned but then Eric did say this on a podcast so I probably wouldn’t believe that either and it will no doubt be out next week.

4 Likes

Such a ****show of a company

4 Likes

That was the only reason I was carrying on with my sub to be honest. I might now look at other options.

1 Like

Do you have a timestamp? I dont wanna listen to his lying for 90 minutes.

1 Like

I know RowPro is very ugly, but it has online rowing. We just need to get RowPro and row online together @ everybody…

Maybe EXR will come good in the end, it has potential but at the minute nothing draws me in to use it currently

I hear you. I’ve switched to RGT. It’s refreshing.

2 Likes

about 45min in. he basically says it was scraped because of survey results not showing that there was enough interest to move forward with it. :roll_eyes:

and this the survey that wasn’t from Zwift!!! It was absolutely shambolick that survey, made no sense at all. Zwift is so frustrating. Just about had enough and after 3 years of supporting the app/game the time has come.

4 Likes

For those of you who don’t want to listen to the whole thing it’s at ~47:55.

The “explanation” given is that the pricing survey (remember that?) gave them really good info that it wasn’t something their audience wanted (but it will be a huge success when released? Erm - pick one story, please).

As verbatim as I can be bothered:

"“One of the things that did come out of the survey is that now is probably not a good time to roll out rowing. You know as much as it may be a small group of people who are just really excited abut the rowing product we need to focus on other features before pushing out rowing because guess what rowing which is a product that we have in alpha it is going to be a huge hit when we’re ready to release it, but it will take up resources that could be working on other things.”

I have to say I’m disappointed. However, listening to the explanation, I can’t say I disagree. Rowing is a big endeavor, and it needs proper attention and resources. Nobody would want Rowing to come out and feel half baked. I think it’s the right call to allocate more resources to improving the core product of Cycling and Running. Nobody would end up being happy if they threw more features that don’t directly affect the existing player base, into a product that people can be frustrated with. They can spend the time and resources, work on fundamentals, and then come back around and make sure Rowing is added to a better foundation than exists today, and the core audience is happier than today. If I must wait until 2021 or 2022 to get Rowing, but in the meantime Zwift itself improves fundamentally, that is an understandable trade off.

Though, hopefully with improved resources from their new funding, they can hire additional people to pull in the dates for Rowing as well. I’m somebody who has a rower and will be there day one when Zwift adds it.

1 Like

I also just started indoor rowing, and I’m not all that surprised by its cancellation by Zwift.

There are probably a magnitude more people with treadmills than with rowing machines (especially ones that are bluetooth capable), and Zwift running is still pretty empty. It’s basically the same product that I used back when it was first released. It’s not clear if this a problem with Zwift, or that there isn’t really a customer base outside of cycling. And Zwift running is currently free. Going forward they’d probably have to start charging money to support a completely separate product.

1 Like

Does anyone know if you can cancel and keep all your data an re join say 6 months down the line and not lose everything you’ve worked for?

Yeah, you don’t lose anything. Don’t use the pause option though.

No, that survey was from Zwift (although there was confusion about it initially).

I know the survey was from Zwift I was referring to Eric saying it wasn’t. Should have made myself clearer.

1 Like

Super disappointed that rowing is not coming. It is a feature that would probably keep me subscribed year round rather than just in the winter when my road bike comes inside. My rower is always in the basement ready to go. Guess I’ll just keep watching TV shows.

1 Like