Zwift Racing Idea

As I was getting soundly thrashed the other day by a number of riders from the lower Cat’s I looked fondly back on the Tour rides/races that have happened fairly recently. No Cat’s just riders, some cruising some working out others flat out. Fantastic fun. I like the official Zwift racing and treat them as a great workout too. I won’t win but I don’t mind I’m working hard and improving.

My thoughts are why not just get rid of the Cat’s or maybe just keep “A” Cat and lump all the rest of us together. That would save the anguish of seeing riders in the wrong Cat putting out way too much power. I don’t know if this is a good idea or not, just a thought I had. 

PS I think all racers should have a heart rate monitor (maybe) I don’t know you tell me. 

All the best and keep Zwifting. 

Thank you for your feedback! We’re always looking for ways to improve Zwift, and rely on feedback from our members to do so! I’ll be sure to pass this along, Ride On!

The solution is to get zwiftpower.com back up and running again. Zwift dropped the ball getting ready for GDPR.

I do Like the idea of having Cat’s in fact I would like to have more than the standard 4. Zwift should set up a function to set people in the correct Cat this can be done on various ways. They can use ZP ranking or CVR ranking or your FTP. Race organizers can then chose witch system they want to use for a specific race.

The amount of racers per cat will be determined by the amount of people on the start line with a minimum of 10 per cat and a max of 20 per cat. So a race with 40 on the start line will have 4 cat’s, and a race of 200 will have 10 cat’s.

That way more people will get the experience of racing. You may say what is the point of winning the F cat, but it will give that person the challenge to work hard the whole race and get a good workout, what is the point to give it your all if you are #74 out of 100.