Zwift Companion no longer shows which followers are currently Zwifting

Technically the response makes sense, but logically it seems like a huge step backward. Why not just increase the number of people the list can show, while still keeping the separation? To be honest, without the separation I really don’t care if they show the lists at all as their functionality will have been reduced to near zero.

I’m guessing that most, if not all, of the coders who post on the forum will say this is just lazy programming and/or a cop-out. C’ on, Zwift, get it together and take us forward, not backward!

4 Likes

Agree, used it to see who was actively riding. No reason to check it now.
It seems like it would discourage following since now you don’t know who currently riding.

1 Like

I thought the whole idea was to make Zwift more social.
ie giving fellow riders you may know a “Ride On”
Far more social to get or give one whilst actually Zwifting.

1 Like

So after reading this post, I tried to give some ride ons to my followers while Zwifting using my Android phone and your method. And wow what a complex task, no wonder I never used it.

I think it would be nice to have this feature but easier to use.

How about a following and a Follower split on this screen. Then you can just click the Ride-on thumb.

**I think something like this will be nice!**

2 Likes

Yes, it is pretty much the same way as when doing a group ride, kinda inconvenient but got use to it since it was the only way to see who was zwifitng before they had current zwifters showing on companion app home page.

Maybe we would just access the home screen during an activity to check this? My present hack is to disconnect my phone from wifi so the companion app won’t quickly open the map screen.

While they are sorting out this latest problem (or not)
perhaps we could have all our fellow Zwifters organised into countries.
Alphabetically even? My lists are just a jumble.

While the lists may appear a ‘jumble’, I’m pretty sure they are ‘organized’ in terms of when the person was added to the list, with the most recent being at the top. This may not be helpful for any reason, but there is some sort of ‘organization’ to the list. Have the list be sortable by various columns would be great, though!

Hi there,

I noticed with the last update that the Zwift Companion (3.9.1 (653)) is no longer showing 'Zwifting Now" followers (riders that are following me, rather than riders I am following). Not sure if that is a bug or expected behavior, but it seems to be a change.

I don’t follow everyone who is following me, but still like to give ride-ons when they are zwifting, this bug/change makes it harder.

Anyone else seeing this?

1 Like

No you are correct, it was changed a while ago for apple phones and people pointed it out on the forum. Now it is the same for Android.

Yes. Now it’s gone on Android, too.
Really a pity. Liked this feature.

The way this was previously implemented wasn’t the cleanest. Perhaps this is an opportunity for Zwift to improve the interface.

Could there be one location where we can see:

Currently Zwifting: Riders I Follow
Currently Zwifting: Riders who Follow me
Currently Zwifting: Everybody

Three tabs on a screen which is accessible whether I’m Zwifting, or sitting on the couch. Seems reasonable…?

2 Likes

Hi Markus,
now that this issue has hit both iPhone and android users perhaps we are in a better position as users to ask Zwift to return this important feature.

This new change makes involvement in Zwifts social side much harder, which I think is a big shame and counter productive to Zwift growth.

Please Zwift.

2 Likes

It is really not fun when you can’t give Ride On’s to the bikers you don’t follos back. I miss this a lot

How about a single list showing who is Zwifting Now, with some Filter options…

• Riders I follow
  • Riders who follow me
  • Riders in a particular current event
  • Current KOM and Sprint Jersey holders
  • Riders with “XXXX” in their name (ex. find members of team DRAFT currently riding)
  • …more…?
1 Like

@Gru great idea!