Zwift app for Fire TV

My life would be SO much better if there was a Zwift app for Fire TV, and I’m surprised there isn’t one. Would others be interested in this app?

Hi @Blake_Roeber, welcome to the forums. There is plenty of interest, however, the general consensus is that the Fire TV can’t handle to processing/graphic load required to run Zwift. If you search the forums you will find numerous threads on this topic. Please search before creating a new thread.

Cheers!

Here is a quick search: Search results for 'fire tv' - Zwift Forums

2 Likes

Thanks, Mike. So basically, Zwift could create the app, but it wouldn’t work well on Fire TV, due to the low processing power of the TV? … If I start shopping for TVs and I want to buy one that can run Zwift, which should I look for?

I don’t believe there is a “TV” that can run Zwift. Your best bet is getting an Apple TV box, but will have to deal with the many issues that seem to be plaguing Apple TV at the moment and one of the lowest detail/graphic levels available. The best experience is on a nicer desktop with an adequate graphics card, not the usual low end on-board graphics.

2 Likes

Ah, gotcha. Thanks Mike.

1 Like

Agree. I am running TacX most of the time on a Fire Cube (previously did on a FireStick 4K) and it is very practical. That is one of the reasons I have not yet joined my friends on Zwift.

But the comparison between the Tacx app & Zwift is chalk & cheese.

3 Likes

It might make more sense to run Zwift on a phone (or any supported device you own) and stream it to the Fire Cube. Zwift have been silent about running on Android TV since 2019, so my guess is you will not see this soon.

How many more minority Operating Systems should the Zwift development and support teams be looking after? It’s bad enough that they’re having to deal with Macs.

1 Like

apple tv IS the minority os. Android owns %60 of the market due to affordability and less ‘forced obsolescence’. It might not solve the computing problem of the fire tv sticks, but there is no reason a ‘fire TV’, or ‘fire TV cube’ could not run zwift.

1 Like

My understanding is that the Fire devices do not have nearly the processing power needed to run a game like Zwift, while the ATV does (even if it’s at the lowest resolution levels).

1 Like