Workout guideline at least 5s before the section start

I was riding a predefined training program:‘FTP Builder - Strength’ (ERG mode on), which have many 10s intervals and there comes some hint or advice right before the interval is starting: something like ‘use bigger gear and low cadence’. I have seen the same problem in all programs, but during this short interval it was impossible to follow the advice. I was just prepared to pedall very high cadense before i got the message. Then I slow down the pedalling and thus the interval Failed - ERG mode is not fast enought to react for different cadence in short interval.

Such messages should be informed at least 5s before the interval is starting. Much better would be if you could see the cadence quideline in the workout section list.

Thanks,

I’ve had this message as well on FTP Builder. I thought having ERG enabled meant no changing of gears was necessary?

That’s right, but I’m not sure does it depend on the trainer when doing high power intervals. There is some maximum resistance which depend on the trainer used

As a reply to this I will tell you my experience of my workout this morning.

Trainer: Saris M2
Bike: Bulls Harrier, Shimano 105 triple (50/ 39/ 30), cassette 12-25
Workout plan: 6 week FTP Builder
Workout: Strength, week 1

The workout looks like this:"

My gearing is set at 39/ 17 assuming that in ERG mode you ride a certain wattage regardless of your cadence.

The truth: Riding 90 watts is only possible with a cadence around 60rpm a higher cadence will result in higher wattage. the 125 - 155 interval is doable with a cadence of around 95. The 280W intervalls can only be made with a cadence around 120.

Is ERG mode actually working (or not) and is this something related to the trainer or Zwift?