Will level progression be smoothed out?

As the rumours suggest we might be getting Level 50 in the game soon, I thought this was worth discussing:

(Image from Site Suspended - This site has stepped out for a bit)

The XP deltas between levels are somewhat haphazard. For example, 7000 needed for 12 to 13, but only 4000 for 13 to 14.

Wouldn’t it make more sense for these jumps to always be an increasing amount? It might only be an additional 500XP per level (or increase in larger or smaller amounts as the levels rack up), but shouldn’t ever go down.

I always thought the varying amount of xp per level was pretty funny as well. Zwift is the only game I can think of that doesn’t use an exponential curve to determine xp needed per level. I can’t quite figure out why it would take 1000 less xp to get from 23 to 24 than it does from 12 to 13 lol

3 Likes

I hope that Zwift would include an unlimited Experience curve. No matter how (Exponential, Cubic or Linear growth). Just an unlimited graph. There are people who simply ride around 4000 km per month. In this case you unlock Level 25 very fast. Even if its just a gadget. Man reaching level 1000 just imagine :star_struck:

2 Likes

Now that level 50 has been released, maybe we’ll see some data on this soon.