Why does Zwift make it hard to give Ride ons?

Hi Gerrie,
I don’t think you should feel too bad.
If you are doing a workout you are “in the zone” and focused.
I don’t think anyone expects a “Ride On” when you are so busy.

I can’t let you off for the low battery though. LOL

“Ride On”

1 Like

Yes but there are recovery blocks. I actually wanted to give a ride-on, there was this two guys that Raced me up the KOM, I was doing a hard interval so climbing fast (atleast fast for me), it was a bit of fun because they were pushing me and I was focused on them not my power (i was still trying to keep the required power).
They both give me ride-on’s but I could not return, I did say tanks.

I try to minimize my phone usage while charging, the previous one died due to this.

“Ride On”

1 Like

Hi Gerrie,

Zwift can be so engaging, who would ever have thought cycling indoors could be so much fun?

On another note…
I didn’t realise that using your phone whilst charging is bad for the battery! I’m always doing that. Thanks for the info.
All the best Gerrie.
“Ride On”

That is what the provider said when I complained that my Phone died so soon :triumph: . Now I am not taking any chances. :sunglasses:

Call me lazy but giving ride ons is a hassle. I feel “bad” that I don’t give as many as I get but find the process annoying unless the companion app gives me an option to do a mass RO burst. Can we please get a quicker/better way to give these? Thanks!

If you hit the little circle on your rider in the companion app you can give 5 ride-ons to riders nearby.

2 Likes

I was trying to find this “trick” during this AM’s ride – ty! I’ll try it tomorrow.

2 Likes

That’s great for free riding but what if you’re in an event with 100 or more riders? Do you just keep smashing that little circle as the peloton evolves?

The circle trick does not work in events (only the leader has that ability). That is why we are asking to make it easier.

Like why not use the the keyboard to scroll thru the rider list. and a multiple ridon button on the KB. Or add support for game controllers both USB and bluetooth, most phone games has controller input.

1 Like

i have 2 simple solutions for Zwift. 1) if a rider gives you a ride on then IF that rider is currently zwifting live you get an easy access ‘give ride on back’ button on companion app or in middle of device/laptop that you can easily find to give the rider a ride on back or 2) in settings have a feature that allows for automatic return ride ons via toggle on /of in privacy or somewhere so you dont have to search for zwifters especially when in a group ride where there are 200+ riders and you are getting 50-100 ride ons … cmon zwift …

That will be nice, it is so easy to let your rider wave or say “hammer time” or “Bring-it” but we cant say thank you to someone that give us a Ride-on.

4 Likes

who the heck waves or gives hammer time … NO ONE … actually i do wave maybe once or twice a week so this is pretty neat … why o why cant or WONT zwift make giving ride ons easier…especially to people who;ve give you one…i was told a few years back they dont provide feature as a lot of ‘avatars’ were giving ride ons … not sure about that … i know now i get many and miss giving back many as its too hard to search for riders if not around you …CMON TEAM ZWIFT YOU ARE GREAT MAKE YOURSELF GREATER

2 Likes

Ya I also feel bad as I cannot give Ride no’s while in workout mode, which I mostly use Zwift for. So even if I am riding along on a Recovery Ride or 2 hour easy spin as part of a training plan I cannot give a Ride On unless someone gives me one first??? Seems odd??? Also, do we get XP for giving Ride On’s?? Would encourage others if you got 5XP for everyone you give?

1 Like

because cyclists are usually unfriendly. zwift team never thought of cyclists will give kudos back. :grin:

1 Like

i’ve never seen a circle on the companion app, is it there for group rides where a ride on to neighbours would be useful ?

It is only there in free ride or workout mode. Group events does not have it.

Don’t feel bad. If people are givng ride ons in order to recieve one then they are doing it wrong. I assume none of them were even remotely offended. Stay focused!

1 Like

Just want to voice my support!

Have yet to try this…but apparently in companion app on map view, you select another riders avator dot and that brings up a toolbar with a ride on icon as well as a message icon

Yep, you can do this. Easy enough if you going at similar speeds in the same direction.