Wahoo Kickr not controlling resistance

when pairing i sometimes get either nothing or this:

the suunto stick is within 1/2 metre of the kickr.

Since last update Zwift only connects to 1 device, either the Wahoo Kickr or the TickerX. If connected to the Kickr there is no resistance. Can not keep it in SIM mode. 

Actually when it connects to the TickrX I get the above picture for the Kickr. With one of the Wahoo apps I can clearly see it is online though.

Setup: Wahoo Kickr, Wahoo TickrX, W7 with latest Zwift, Suntoo mini Ant+ dongle…

All devices have the latest updates, firmware, etc. 

Same issue here.  Been on Zwift for over 500 miles with no problems, now it will no longer control resistance on the Kickr.  Tried reloading software, moving ant stick closer, multiple adjustments with the Wahoo app, still no luck.

Same problem here.  Everything has worked great till this morning, (haven’t used zwift in last week).  Now no Zwift control of Kickr.  Spent 3 hrs messing with it trying to correct with no luck.  Rather be riding.

i think it would be helpful for Zwift to post in the announcements an acknowledgment that the latest version broke pairing and resistance for a number of users.  

i know this is beta but still at least a “thanks guys, we are working on it as we speak” sort of thing would go a long way.

keep the good will you have worked so hard to earn. it’s much harder to retrieve it.

just saying…

same problem here! i posted in another thread on my experience…Sort of glad its not just me, as it appears a common problem now,…

from my other thread…

https://support.zwift.com/hc/communities/public/posts/202179329-Kickr-issues-after-update?flash_digest=f31e33f284ba9bdfb7d8bedc57fab3541f92f3f0&page=3

Very similar experience to others on this thread…Kickr was working fine with resistance changes, all devices pairing ok. Zwift updated the other night, and i also did my first Trainer Road session 2 nights ago. Since then, have had pairing issues with all devices, had to re - pair the Kicker, but no resistance changes any more. Have tried all the suggested work arounds, incl. using the Wahoo app to change mode to SIM mode during and before Zwift session, Unpairing, re-pairing all devices, opening Trainer Road before Zwift to confirm all devices are working ok, physically remove/reinstall Suunto Ant+ stick, power down/ up PC &  Kickr…No luck. …can ride with power and devices working ok on Zwift, but no resistance changes any more. 

I have raised a ticket, and sent in two emails with log files. Hope this can get fixed!

Same issue here. All working fine - today, not working anymore.

Also updated the firmware on the Kickr if anyone hasnt yet.

I’m unhappy to report that after the upgrade to Watopia KICKR resistance is no longer controlled and I can only connect one additional device over the Ant+ link: it’s either the HRM or the Speed/Cadence sensor (GSC-10). I’ve tried both the Suunto and the Garmin USB stick. No problems with TrainerRoad, FR920 or Wahoo fitness/Reflektr to connect with the sensors. I’m on Mac OS 10.9 (Yosemite).

I replaced my Suunto ANT+ dongle with a “generic” brand (it comes with the XX1 power meter) and everything works just fine now. Zwift had no problem pairing with the Kickr and the Quarq for cadence. Sim mode was in full effect!

Ah interesting about trying another dongle Chris! There is a suunto theme occurring 

I had a similar issue with no Zwift control of KICKR resistance.

I have KICKR, Quarq ANT+ dongle, Garmin rpm and heart rate, Macbook pro, OS X Yosemite.

This morning I logged into Zwift on the Macbook but did not immediately start the workout. I then started the Wahoo fitness app on my iPhone (via Bluetooth) to spin a ten minute warmup at constant resistance (erg mode at 150 watts). After warmup I ended the Wahoo Fitness workout and closed the iPhone app. I started the workout in Zwift but the KICKR resistance was still constant at 150 watts. I tried several things, eventually turning off the Bluetooth on my phone. After turning off the bluetooth the resistance was no longer constant at 150 watts but was not controlled by Zwift (resistance was a function of KICKR rpm). 

I paused the workout several times to see if I could get Zwift to control the KICKR, un-paired/re-paired the KICKR, unplugged/replugged the KICKR power cord, all with no change to operation. I rode for about an hour then ended the workout. After ending the workout I restarted the Zwift app and it controlled the KICKR normally.

The issue with my setup seemed to be a KICKR control conflict between bluetooth and ANT+.

I was having trouble with recognition of more than one device.  When I started, it would not recognized either device but after a few attempts, I was able to get it to find either my Garmin HRM or Stages PM but never both.  

I am using a Stages PM, Garmin HRM and Garmin dongle (apologies for breaking the Suunto Trend).  Hope it gets resolved because my Kickr gets here tomorrow!

Same problem. :frowning:  No resistance control on the Kickr and problems pairing devices.  I’ve been on Zwift for a while and not had this problem before.

Suunto ANT stick (but swapped to Garmin one - same problem)

Quarq PM, Kickr SRM controlled

Garmin HR

Having problems pairing devices, sometimes doesn’t see the Quarq, sometimes get no signal over the devices (doesn’t seem to matter which).  Also have a cadence sensor, but I’ve been using the cadence from the Quarq, except it hardly detects both now.

Had to complete my 3 laps using the Wahoo app in erg mode locked at 200W with no resistance control.

Maybe this is a preview of the “free” version of Zwift…lol

Pretty bad timing to have this problem around the open beta announcement i’d say.

Agreed David.

Perhaps this thread would be tended to more “zwiftly” under the beta feedback section.

Hi Zwift Riders, 

We want to thank you all for your patience after the latest update. We are aware of and working on the ANT+ issue and appreciate all of the info you have added to this thread, it is very helpful.  We are hard at work on a fix that will be implemented in the game update later this week.

One thing to quickly try in the meantime is unplugging your dongle, then plugging it back in. The ANT+ driver can die and cause the dongle to stop working, but resetting it can solve the issue.

If you are experiencing any other issues please submit a support ticket, we would be happy to help you troubleshoot further :slight_smile:  

Crystal, I also tried the ‘take out dongle and put it back in’ scenarios. I tried it on a wintel W7 laptop and a macbook air. And all other possible options like killing all bluetooth devices in the home who might try to hijack the Kickr.

To no avail.

Appreciate all the work from the zwift team, suffering a bit is part of the beta fun :slight_smile:

looking forward to the fix, and my next 500 Zwift Km’s !

I had a problem a while back with TR when I first got my Kickr.  I was was messing with the setup out of the box (as you do) and basically I couldn’t control it, kept getting “kickr set mode failed” all the time.  Weirdly, when i just tried a workout, it performed fine. #odd.

Anyway i finally diagnosed that when TR was “hunting” for ANT+ devices it seemed to lock up the channel and cause the problems controlling the KICKR.  You see, when I was initially messing with the setup i wasn’t wearing my HR monitor (which was previously paired) and therefore TR was looking for it.  But when i just tried a workout I was wearing it, and so TR wasn’t hunting for it and it all worked fine.  Make any sense?

Nothing similar going on here is there?  You’re not looking for sensors that don’t exist anymore or aren’t awake and locking up the ANT+ channel?  Just an idea…

me too. second ride without controlling my kickr resistance. Out of 3 rides, 1 worked. That time I unplugged my dongle and restarted and it worked. Tonight, nothing.