Upload gpx file

It would be great to be able to upload a gpx file of your favourite rides to simulate in Zwift as you can with some of your competitor platforms.

There is this option: Convert GPX file to Zwift workout | What's on Zwift?

Thanks Paul, appreciated. However I tried this yesterday but couldn’t find my route on the platform. So I contacted Zwift and they confirmed this feature is not available!

1 Like

I just gave another option, I know that it would not create an entirely new route on Zwift.

1 Like

If you use the GPX to Zwift it will create a workout with the the inclines and workout blocks. the gpx file wont become a new route.

OK, I’m being dumb…where do I find it on the platform?

1 Like

You will not find a route, it will create a workout with the elevation profile of the .gpx file that you uploaded, you can use any existing route within Zwift to ride it.

It will not create an entirely new route based on the .gpx, all of Zwift routes/courses are created by the Zwift team.

1 Like

After you created the workout from the GPX file you have to upload it to your workouts folder in Zwift. Then you will go to the workouts in zwift and you should see it there.

https://support.zwift.com/de/-sharing-importing-custom-workouts-(.zwo-files)-(cycling)-r1IlCybrQ

Hi, can this be done on the apple tv? is there a guide somewhere to state how to get the workout file into the workouts folder on the ATV?
Thanks

1 Like

I’d like to be able to do this too (on appletv)

@Lee.Dixon and @Cardiff_Sinclair

It would appear based on Cloud Sync for Zwift Workouts Now Available | Zwift Insider

That you will need to get the zwo (zwift workout file) as outlined in the previous comments on an actual computer Mac/pc with zwift on it. Add it to your workouts as outlined in the previous comments and then it will also be on your Apple TV to use (once it has made its way through the cloud).

Then again reading the comments on that article suggest either there is a large lag or it doesn’t actually work.

I am surprised that there are so few requests to have the upload gpx files feature. Every athlete who wants to prepare himself properly should be able to do so. Alternative apps have been doing this for a while now. I would like to stay with zwift but unfortunately I can’t make customized training using a gpx file to get me ready for races.

Is this already on the roadmap and what is the ETA?

1 Like

Nobody but Zwift knows the roadmap and I doubt they would share. My guess would be very unlikely given all the other things they are meant to be working on.

Zwift is also very heavily pushes the social side of riding which is where other platforms that might have such tools lack engagement with the rider base. But if you are happy to spin along on you own then such platforms could be a good option. Personally of the couple I’ve tried the custom GPX stuff still needs some work before it becomes user friendly for the masses.

Is the option available for android phones?

Hi Im lost in all this how do you get Zwift on a PC, I thought it was an app. Also long time ago I think it was Sluga or something like that, that was in with Strava, and you could ride your GPX rides, I mean at the end of the day, IF the ONLY way to ride these were to subscribe to the platform, then bring it back, Make so many people like my self that think its utter madness, that these companies dont work together.

Yes its nice to have a cuppa Tea on its own, but its also nioce with Milk, and Sugar/.

So I really really want to ride my outside rides inside, to become better at them, and if any one can help great, i have converted a file from GPX to ZWO, it went from 900kb, to 4kb, so Im thinking that hasnt worked, not that there is anything i can figure out to try it on