Ubuntu Linux application

Like many people I imagine, I’m using an old laptop setup to run Zwift and I think it would be nice to have a Linux version of the software running to get away from the old and tired OS I’m currently using… and Linux is free. The old laptop can handle the program, but the tired OS is just that… tired (like after a ride).

Any plans? Thoughts?

Stephen

I don’t think it is going to happen any time soon: https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/202904275-Linux-support

Like Paul said. Linux is not going to happen. This thread will probably disappear and I really thought I would drop Zwift over this issue but I broke down and added 1 (woops) 2 dedicated window boxes to my network just to run Zwift. (his and hers)

Have u tryed to download/install wine? Linux program used for running windows programs on linux.

I’d love to hear if anyone has gotten Zwift to work using wine.

I am far from an expert but have been using Linux for 15 years and am comfortable with it. I tried Wine and hacks that make my browser appear to be Win Explorer on servers. It has worked on some applications but not Zwift. I think it is an Active-X issue. I could be wrong. I would save yourself a big headache and just get a Windows box or OSX device.