Zwift on Linux, Using Lutris & WINE

Zwift is supported on Linux by Lutris.

Lutris is an Open Source gaming platform for Linux. It installs and launches games so you can start playing without the hassle of setting up your games.

The Zwift setup page is here. It says:

During Installation:
After the Zwift installer downloads, you’ll be greeted by a white screen. Quit the launcher, including from the wine system tray

After Installation
Zwift requires the launcher to be running at all times. Select “Run EXE inside wine prefix” and select “drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Zwift/ZwiftLauncher.exe”. Once it’s running you can hit “Play”.

@James_Joy1 reports:

interesting, i haven’t heard of lutris before. it looks like it’s a way to distribute custom wine configurations?

from the install script (https://lutris.net/games/install/17705/view), you can see that it’s doing the same “run from process” trick that this thread pointed out.

so my guess is that connecting directly to your trainer/HRM/cadence/etc probably doesn’t work, but it CAN pair with your companion app. i’m still holding out to be able to pair directly, preferably (for me anyway) over bluetooth.

Yes, I managed to install & run smoothly without any problem. Make sure you installed Wine too.