Hi - looking to get into Zwift and seeking feedback to see if my thought process is accurate or way off base. My challenge is to get both myself and my wife set up and using the same (direct drive) trainer.
Me - I ride a lot outside, but am mechanically challenged (can just about change a tire!). My bike has an 11-28 shimano ultegra cassette
Her - only learned to ride a bike a couple of years ago (as an adult in her 40s). It’s been a challenge and realistically she is never going to ride outside. Does not currently own a bike
- Buy direct drive trainer
- Buy 11-28 cassette for trainer (for compatibility with my bike)
- Find/buy a bike for wife that also has 11-28 cassette
- Live happily ever after
Does this all sound like it’s the correct approach/plausible?
- Could I entertain other setups for wife’s bike or does it have to be an 11-28?
- I assume switching bikes is simple enough - just like replacing a rear wheel. Is this correct, or am I missing something (e.g. calibration needed each time bike is switched)
- Any suggestions on narrowing down what might be an appropriate bike for her (beyond visiting one local bike shop after another)?
Thanks in advance!