Trouble pairing with bluetooth devices (sometimes OK, other times no)

(Cada Bikes) #1

Hi guys.  Great to be here trying out the zwift with my Vortex smart.

I’m having difficulties pairing the zwift on my iPhone 6S (IOS 9.0.1) with all my bluetooth devices including:

-Tacx Vortex Smart Trainer

-Scosche Rhythm+ heart rate monitor

-Topeak Panobike Speed and Cadence sensor

It is not that they won’t connect.  It just takes a lot of effort to connect them all.  In an 1 hour exercise, I would spend 40 minutes fiddling with the connections.  Sometimes I would connect to one device easily, but not the other two.  Or get two, but can’t detect the third.  I would have to restart zwift, or the bluetooth, or the three devices, in random combinations and sequence to get them all working at the same time.  They do seems to stick well once connection is established.  But it just takes so much work to get to that point.  Any idea what I’m doing wrong?  Thanks guys.

(Jason K) #2

There’s a few reasons we’re aware of that could might be having trouble pairing your devices that we cover on our knowledge base, so I’d recommend starting there. Hope this helps!

(Paul Allen) #3

Just as a reminder, Bluetooth can only connect to one device/app at a time so make sure you don’t have any of them connected to anything else before starting Zwift.