I just got myself a gravel bike and started cycling 30 days ago and I am just loving it. I wake up in the early morning 2-3 times a week and then I cycle in the area nearby my home (I live in an hilly area), and then I have a 4 hours trip every weekend.
Anyway, being an absolute beginner and not being in a great shape, I am having trouble to go through the uphills and I would like to keep on training. But since the weather is getting chilly and probably won’t get any warmer in the next months, I am thinking about zwift to improve my level and being ready for next spring.
I am thinking about getting a set up in the basement of my house where I have plenty of space, and of course I have to get a trainer. I have read a lot about it, but before buying I would like to get some advise from this community since you have surely much more experience than I have.
So, my thoughts are:
- I won’t need to move it anywhere so I would be happy with something fixed.
- I don’t care much about the noise.
- I feel like having a trainer which adapts automatically to the info received from the app is a nice feature.
- A maximum slope of 10% which I have seen around in some trainers doesn’t feel like a lot. Am I too ambitious?
- A used trainer would be welcome if you think it’s worthy.
And yet I would possibly like to try to stay on 400€ level if possible.
Could you help me with any comments and suggestions coming from your experience?