Tour of Makuri Islands [2022]

I once did a podcast and for the duration I referred to myself in the 3rd person. I was literally wetting myself.

Darmok and Gilad on the ocean.

James and CJ in Makuri.

3 Likes

James was wetting himself. Keep it third person…
See y’all in the new map tomorrow!

I know what I’ll be doing later since I was too lazy this morning… yay new roads!!

Referring to yourself in the third person?

:joy: yup. But I’d probably get confused so I’ll just ride instead.

1 Like

Ahhh snuck it in early huh @James_Zwift !! Just wanted to get more sleep I bet.

1 Like

I’m pretty certain it was the time I said it was going to be :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wait did I not account for the time change here. Ugh messes everything up. I calculated it to drop at 5 eastern. Who cares. I’m going for it. :biking_woman:t2:

12:35 PST / 15:35 Eastern.

Have fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Tour of Makuri Campaign, Ride stages 5 and 6, Run stages 5 and 6 are now available for your perusal.

8 Likes

@Otto_Destruct you can use the “ride with” functionality to find me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Y’all gonna low-key drop THAT announcement on our heads?! :rofl:

Hi James, I did two of the Makuri Island Tour routes tonight while doing Zwift acadamy Tri 2022 workouts… I got the credit for the tour but not the academy.

Should I have been credit for the academy also?

Looks like RM3 and ToMI5b are both on Turn/Turf n Surf (RM page says “Turn” while ToMI page says “Turf”), so at least we get one more overlap…

1 Like

Thanks for the flag, I’ve asked the racing website team to update it.

Tim,

Would have expected so. Please contact support and they should be able to help you.

1 Like

Anyone else getting a 502 bad gateway on the companion app for this event?

Was working till around 11pm est yesterday.

I’ve ridden all the new routes and done 11 opf the 12 routes for the tour and they are all really samey. I like the makuri 40 as a route but the others are just a load of very similar routes.

It is a strange omission not to have a KOM on the smallish climb on the new island, instead having two small sprints either side of the top.

the Turf and surf doesn’t have much Turf, city and surt would be a better description.

Makuri Island seems to be just for the eye candy for advertisers to sell the game to people but the better routes are in the other worlds.

1 Like

I like the idea of a sprint at the top of a climb, that’s different. But I was expecting a KOM, and even a big climb, somewhere in there. I love sprints, but…the new maps are very sprinty.